Am I in trouble here?

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell him i want some eggs....

In his best German accent he said "NO EGGS FOR YOU!!!" (I'm kidding he didn't really say that.)

He did say that the numbers looked fine though and that I should do a leak-down test to really get a good idea of ring health, which I'm definitely going to do.

He also hooked me up with a good paint shop. My car is gonna look killer in lime green.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In his best German accent he said "NO EGGS FOR YOU!!!" (I'm kidding he didn't really say that.)
He did say that the numbers looked fine though and that I should do a leak-down test to really get a good idea of ring health, which I'm definitely going to do.
He also hooked me up with a good paint shop. My car is gonna look killer in lime green.

Kelly: Are you really painting your Viper Lime Green? Oh, drat, I cannot change the color back again.........glitches still abound here!! THIS one i didn't let Chris know about.
Maybe you can let the programmer know about this glitch, Kelly? There are still a few!
Anyway--back to subject: Lime Green??? You ARE kidding...your car is KILLER now!!!!
I won't rest til I know you're keeping the car BumbleBee~~~:omg::drive::eater::eater: ~juli

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly: Are you really painting your Viper Lime Green? Oh, drat, I cannot change the color back again.........glitches still abound here!! THIS one i didn't let Chris know about.
Maybe you can let the programmer know about this glitch, Kelly? There are still a few!
Anyway--back to subject: Lime Green??? You ARE kidding...your car is KILLER now!!!!
I won't rest til I know you're keeping the car BumbleBee~~~:omg::drive::eater::eater: ~juli

You don't think my car will look good in Lime Green?:

You must be registered for see images

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheeesh, I go away for one week and you're painting your car lime green?? Destroy a perfectly good, well maybe not quite perfect yet, BumbleBee? :omg:Better watch out mister, we may have to RePo that watch we gave you.:lmao:

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheeesh, I go away for one week and you're painting your car lime green?? Destroy a perfectly good, well maybe not quite perfect yet,[ BumbleBee? :omg:Better watch out mister, we may have to RePo that watch we gave you.:lmao:

ROFL...Hey, don't knock my color choice Lee!! I debated long and hard between Lime green and the Petty Blue they're putting on this years SuperBees:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lime green? :confused:

4427Dodge_Viper_GTS_ACR_in_Orange_with_Black_Stripes.jpg

YUMMY

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i loved that SRT one of the NJ guys had. it looked perfect. on a GTS, its gonna look better.

DO IT !!!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kcobean,

I have several questions for you about your car, and a few requests if you want a good analysis of whats going on.

1. Have you ever run Nitrous/supercharger/turbo charger on this car?
2. If the answer to #1 is no, then are you the original owner?
3. Have you ever run the car low on oil?
4. How many miles on the car?
5. Has the car ever over heated?

Now for the request, a picture is worth 1000 words. Get us a picture of all the plugs, preferably the newer the better. Meaning if you just changed your plugs, drive the car for say 20 miles then let the car cool down and take some pictures. But at this point any pictures would be better than none.

Good luck.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Russ,

1. I haven't run nitrous or FI on the car.
2. Nope, I'm not the first owner.
3. Nope, never low on oil since I've owned it
4. 11K
5. Overheated? It's run up into the red, but never enough to puke coolant onto the street like I've seen some Vipers do. I suppose the answer then would be yes.

I just put the plugs back in and got everything put back together. The plugs have about 100 or so miles on them since I changed them. When we had them out, the insulators were white and the electrodes were clean, sharp-edged and just slightly blackened from new.

I'll get some pictures out when I take the car for the leak-down test.

kcobean,

I have several questions for you about your car, and a few requests if you want a good analysis of whats going on.

1. Have you ever run Nitrous/supercharger/turbo charger on this car?
2. If the answer to #1 is no, then are you the original owner?
3. Have you ever run the car low on oil?
4. How many miles on the car?
5. Has the car ever over heated?

Now for the request, a picture is worth 1000 words. Get us a picture of all the plugs, preferably the newer the better. Meaning if you just changed your plugs, drive the car for say 20 miles then let the car cool down and take some pictures. But at this point any pictures would be better than none.

Good luck.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A car with 11k miles should have very consistent compression numbers. Perhaps its the lack of any heat in the motor, but my gut feeling tells me that there was nitrous involved on the original owners part.

Waiting for the pictures to see what the plugs look like.

Lets hope I am wrong,

Russ

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't think my car will look good in Lime Green?:

Hmmm....looking at THESE pics, I'd say yes your cars would look good, BUT then you would NOT have 'bumblebees'!!! I'd like to know first of all if CHAD gave you permission to go 'lime-green'???? :dunno::eater::eater::eater: ~juli

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ted,
Do you think the sub-freezing temps had anything to do with the numbers being what they were? Are these tests normally done with the engine warmed up?

That was why I mentioned doing the compression test again, but ... unless the pass. side of the engine was colder than the driver's side there shouldn't be an OBVIOUS difference between the two sides of the engine as that indicates wear. Hence the slant six engine leans to the the driver's side since that side doesn't wear as much as the other.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masterofzen