Am I ok??????

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know if I have a problem or not. I am a new viper owner and I find myself in the garage cleaning and looking at my car. My girlfriend says that I have a problem because I will just stare at my car:eater: . I was just wondering if there is anyone else like me. (By the way it is my dream car!!)

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too suffer from the same affliction....of course I have only had mine since March 13th, but I still get a thrill opening the garage door and seeing the Beautiful Blue Beauty waiting to take me for a ride! My brothers only complaint about being a Viper owner was it's ability to "waste his productivity", and I quote,"...you find yourself staring at your car, cleaning your car, or thinking about staring at or cleaning your car." So enjoy your malady...your normal!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your normal. I have had mine 3 1/2 years and still get excited everytime I take it out. Never had any car that I feel that way about. I look forward to taking it for a spin, so I can come home and clean it. Again.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its normal. Get used to it. The other affliction is when you park it in a lot somewhere or at a restaurant, you will look back at the car approximately 5 to 7 times depending on how far away you park. This is also normal and to be expected. If you happen to see someone pull up beside it to see it you stop and wait to make sure they dont touch it. If its busy sometimes it will take you 2 hours just to get in to the store and then you run through the store or eat your food insanely fast just to get back to the car. If you get stuck in a restaurant you will have numerous bathroom breaks that involve a quick walk by a window or door to make sure the car is still there and that it is still clean. It is an disease that all Viper owners shoud be made aware of before their initial purchase.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Staring at your Viper in your garage and having your hand down your pants while watching TV go hand in hand.. Literally.......:D

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After 2 1/2 days of driving the Viper I should clean and wax the car, but I am too tired.
I will do that tomorrow, the day after and Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, before we leave for another great drive ...:D:D:D

94BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my gosh....every time I walk out to the garage, for whatever reason, I say "Hi gorgeous" to my black '94. My husband just shakes his head. But he bought a Harley a couple of weeks ago and he now gets the same glint looking at his bike.

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
skeetachya -

This is normal behavior for most men regarding high performance machinery such as exotic automobiles like the Dodge Viper and your wife and most women will hassle you over time, that´s the nature of most women. They hassle men - it´s in the Bible. However, the good news is that owning a Viper or even a fleet of Vipers is much cheaper than marriage (in the long run). Because marriage is one of the, if not the most expensive things or deals you will ever pay for in any man´s life. Once she convinces you to have kids, ....well that´s the beginning of the end for your prized Viper because she will slowly and tactfully find a way for you to sell your 'baby' to help the family. Interepersonal behavior experts say that marriage and kids is the #1 reason why men cannot afford to ever own a sports car and a Viper or Corvette is out of the question for most men with large families. It´s a trade-off. A wife and kids or a Dodge Viper and the freedom to travel and do what you want including dating different women ....around the world. Oh, one more thing, a Viper will always keep it´s shape where a woman, most women will gain weight, a lot, just look at the obesity levels our country, not to mention over time, all marriages get into a rut and your sex life might be nothing but watching Letterman every night, and your kids, well that´s another story. ;)

Single men might want to take note and count your blessings. :D

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, being one of the so-called 'hasslers' (I AM a woman after all, right??!! :smirk: :smirk: ), open the kitchen door to the garage and look at that gorgeous BEAST every single day, it makes my day....so gotta change your opinions of women here, guys!~!~! :nono: Tho, I know most of you on the site, and KNOW that you appreciate that I appreciate these works of art!!! You get no complaints from me, I KNOW and HAVE the Viper Fever!! :cool:
~juli~

Reaction score
Well after 10 years ... I still take look out in the garage from time to time and smile. After 10 years I still offer to drive to the store when my wife needs something minor. And after 10 years I still get pictures taken of my car EVERY day I drive it :cool:

You're not alone in this world :cool:

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep one more here! I was hoping it would get better as I'v only had it since Feb, but by the sounds of things im in it for the long hall! :D

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always find myself licking the tip of my finger to wipe a smuge off. My wife calls me the licker and say's she wishes she was a viper:rolaugh: