An open forum for Roe Supercharged Viper owners/installers

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello.

Here is the update on my wonderful 1997 GTS.

As you all know I was the one that crazy glued the injectors. I know pritty dumb.

The Viper was not running on all cylenders, Misfire Codes, to be honest I was not happy at all. The modes to the car are and still are ( remember I **** a spelling ) Belenger headers 1 3/4 ( Belengers only read the 02 on the frunt 3 cylenders ). Corsa 3 inch no cat, Roe s/c, 5 lb pully, VEC 2.0 ( No Update ), Alumunum Fly wheel, New clutch, Stock 97 computer, ground wires frunt and rear, 8.5 spark plug wires, Bosh =4 platnum plugs, modified air box, S & B filters, 70 mm T/B, stage 3 blow by from the Valve cover, 3.07 rear gear

The car ran like a$$, not happy. Could not run down the track it was so bad.
----------------------------------------------------

After Macedo Motorsports:

Well I drove the viper up to Macedo Motorsports over a month ago. Larry the owner has been waiting on me on what I wanted to do. I gave him the green light last week on Monday June 2, 2003 and the VIPER was done with all the modes I wanted AND fully dynoed and delivered Thursday June 5, 2003. Man is that fast. Thanks Larry.

Larry Macedo went over the car personaly, and wanted to know what I wanted to do, other than getting the car running the way it should run. After several calls we decided that we would do some upgrads.

Here thay are: Redo the grounds frunt and rear, Remove and replace the fuel injection harness so it would have clips so the conectors would not come loose and cause a misfire, relocate the 02 sencer to the frunt of the rocker panal, ya know right where it just starts to bend, this way the 02 will read all the cylenders, clean all the spark plugs and replace the ones that were fouled out, 1996 computer, this is done because the computer is not as sensitive, Vec 2.1 Updated sofwear, 7lb pully this is about the max you can do and have full power through the 6,200 RMP ( if you go with an 8lb you will have power all the way till 4,900 RMP with considerabl fall off) 7lb is the BEST for a stock forged motor, 50lb injectors (this is done because of the bigger pully ), Boost A pump ( this is done for the bigger injectors ), and of course H/D Half shafts.

Well with all the above I bet you would like to know the numbers. Keep in mind this dyno was done in 95 deg weather and it was raining the whoule time. Sorry but my scaner is not up and running but I do have the dyno on paper and if some one would like to post it I can fax it to you. I would love to see the numers up hear as well.

This was on 93 pump gas.

HP 582.6 :eek:

HP at 2600 RPM is 325 - max 6000 RPM 582.6
------------

TQ 640.3 :eek:

TQ at 2600 RPM is 625 / 3300 RPM 640.3 / 6000 RPM 500

------------
A/F 11.5 with a wide band 02

------------
1/8 mile I ran on 93 pump gas full tank 3475lb + 169 for me = 3644 lb

1/8 mile 7.1 sec. 100.87 mph

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have put 600 miles on the VIPER since. Runs like a dream.........a good dream. Now I can sleep at night. Thanks To Larry and his family for there hospitality when I was in town. I not only have a great running VIPER, I have made a friend as well.

To contact Larry @ Macedo Motorsports call this
# ( 407 ) 246-6511. He is located in Orlando FL.

OP
OP
O

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

GLAD TO HEAR THE THING IS RUNNING LIKE A ***** APE! I will have to give you a ring, so you can fill me in on all the little details.

Later

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
TFAST4U,

And it sounds bad A$$ too. I'm glad its flying straight. Some of us may try to get out to Bradenton Florida on Thursday to see what kind of summer times we can run. Its hot and humid, but it is a good time to practice launching and I know you love to run that car. Give me a call.

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TFAST,

Glad your beast is up and running. It was good to meet u at the car show last month at Wing House. Enjoy your car and hope to see u around Orlando. Larry told me about your car this evening when he stopped by the house to remove the VEC 2 to obtain the upgraded VEC from Sean. He is going to tune it this weekend to get more power out of it and dyno it too.We will see what magic Macedo pulls out of his hat.

John (fuelman) how is that monster of yours?????

Larry now wants to put a SC in the Hummer I just bought. He just can't stop!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Bindy

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onerareviper,

Dude this Viper Rocks! Trust me. If you have qestions I e-mailed you with the toll free #. Thanks for the props :cool:

-----------------
Fuelman,

Thanks. I will see you Thursday at the track.

---------------------
Vipercare,

Bring your Viper to the track on Thursday. It's fun, fun, fun. It was nice seeing you at Macedo Motorsports. I would recomend the Roe S/C if your looking for more power. As far as a S/C for the Hummer, Larry has a great setup. Do the Viper first. It only takes a day :D

axe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have a cold engine bucking problem. Mine.....cold engine, first start of the day at low rpm has a bucking problem. More pronounced going up hill (extra load) When I pull out of my drive the road goes up hill, but it is there on flat ground. If I go ahead and get some rpms up it goes away but I don't like doing that on a cold engine. After two minutes drive time it is fine. Doesn't seem to matter if I crank and go or let the car idle two minutes. I have not tryed a five minute warm up.

Tony or Joe Dozzo, are you still seeing this? My car does this on cold starts in the morning after 2 to 3 minutes warmup. It bucks shifting between 1st and 2nd gear, but goes away after warming up.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm going to make a trip out west and was wondering if anyone in the Denver area needed assistance or dyno tuning other than Joe, George or Bob? If everyone would like, we can coordinate this trip so we could make a trip to the local drag strip as well? I'm in the middle of finishing up a major project (Thanks Bill!) and would have absolutely no problem with helping where I can. I would also be interested in helping folks with installations too. Feel free to call me or Email if your interested. Thanks!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have a cold engine bucking problem. Mine.....cold engine, first start of the day at low rpm has a bucking problem. More pronounced going up hill (extra load) When I pull out of my drive the road goes up hill, but it is there on flat ground. If I go ahead and get some rpms up it goes away but I don't like doing that on a cold engine. After two minutes drive time it is fine. Doesn't seem to matter if I crank and go or let the car idle two minutes. I have not tryed a five minute warm up.

Tony or Joe Dozzo, are you still seeing this? My car does this on cold starts in the morning after 2 to 3 minutes warmup. It bucks shifting between 1st and 2nd gear, but goes away after warming up.

Yes, I still have the same cold issues as I posted before, maybe a little different than yours. Also I have had a few of the cut outs like before but not as bad. Except for a couple they would not have been noticed by a passenger.

DSSX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,

If you come to Kansas City let me know, Id like for you to tune my car ans I can get I know One more viper

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Larry,

You have mail!

Sign me up! My Roe S/C is installed and running pretty good, but I'd be very interested in having you fine tune my setup...

In fact, I already have the injectors for the 8 psi pulley on the car... If we make this happen, sounds like the perfect time to step up!

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An update from the Dallas area. After my install (which went very, very well) the car (2001) just did not seem to run right and so I installed a wide band O2 sensor and my diagnostic software. The car was running way too rich, but nothing else obvious going on.

Well, I have done enough aftermarket stuff to know that perfect performance is hard to get out of the box, especially on a product designed to span 6 model years, so I soldiered on.

Sean Roe's customer support has been excellent. He has been very responsive and at no charge has sent my 5 different cards so far for the VEC2 (all at no charge!). He also turned around the new VEC firmware overnight.

Well, the car is running much better. I only have about 3 days and 200 miles on the latest software, but my daily misfire codes have been gone for 3 days now, the car is running better and the A/F ratio is now above 11.0:1 most places.

I can say that I am glad I added the S/C but I do recommend that you custom tune the car after installation. Sean should have the software to do it very soon and I plan to get the software myself (for example I can tune for race fuel and for the different fuel blends summer & winter). I suspect that there are enough variations in PCMs that some custom tuning may be required more often than Sean originally expected (or perhaps I am just having the somewhat more difficult time I always seem to have).

Kudos to Sean for bringing a DIY product that empowers the DIY type!

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Axe,

Just saw your post, sorry I missed it before...

No, in my case, all "cold" start hiccups are gone. These went away completely after getting a VEC2 card update back at the end of May. Now I notice the car runs just a bit more rich for just a bit longer (according to my VEC1 A/F meter - but to be clear, I'm only using the A/F meter, not the VEC1 itself).

I saw - in another post - Sean has a new VEC2 program, I got mine last week, and it's hard to describe how completely docile / drivable the car is, given the level of power available with only a little right-footed prompting! If you haven't already contacted Sean about this latest software update, you might want to put this pretty high on your to-do list.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chris, glad to see you got it worked ot bro, you were definitely bummed about it at the v10 nats. from what i can tell macedo is top notch and thats good to hear. if he wasnt so far away id have him do my roe when i get it, instead im going to have to do it myself, LOL

oh BTW its not your speling that really *****...you sure as shiit cant ***** type, LOL

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to thank Larry Macedo for coming to my house to remove the VEC 2, then shipping it to Sean. The day Larry got it back from Sean, he had planned a track event at Bradenton with Cudaman, Fuelman etc. So he calls me at 11.00pm as he was still at the track, and we plan for an early morning install. Larry got in that night from Bradenton at 3.30am, and was at my house by 8.30 am to install it back and to make sure the car ran right. Now, that is service. To top it off, he never even billed me for any of this. (not yet at least, heheheh)

Anybody that plans to use Larry will be glad they did. Now, even my 2 year old daughter, Bianca, knows him and ask about him. Everytime she walks in the garage, she sees the Viper and goes "loud car, scary car, Larry fix".

Thanks Larry!!!!!!Really appreciate it. Car is running strong. Need to dyno it soon. And where were u at the car show Saturday???

Bindy

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bindy, Bindy, Bindy. I thought I was among the most technically challenged owners around and even I managed to remove and reinstall my VEC2. :)

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedGTS, heheheh, I was planning on doing such but Larry said he would stop by after work to look at it...........I think he wanted to gulp down some Kingfisher beers....actually he wanted to see the new Hummer I just got....that's why......we also had a problem with the AC, and he was working on that too. I am technically challenged and am glad Larry lives not too far away from me. Now, I have to take him out to eat some Indian food.

I also think Larry prides himself with my car because it was his first SC job he ever did. (outisde of Sean's shop). :)

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bindy is correct, I broke my cherry on his car. I believe his car has been completely trouble free since we installed the VEC2? I'm definitely interested in the Kingfisher's and some good Indian food still, Bindy. Apologies, I completely forgot about that car show until very late Saturday night, then it was too late. I think we're going to the track Wednesday night if you want to hang with a few of us? You don't have to drag race, just come out and play with the boys.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,

If you come to Kansas City let me know, Id like for you to tune my car ans I can get I know One more viper

DSSX,

Sounds good to me! If you could possibly round up a few more S/C owners you could split the cost. Thanks!

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry should be happy when someone buys a Roe SC....why wouldn't they call him to fine tune the sucker, especially with all the good publicity that has been potrayed about his work on this board and at the shows. I know if I decide to SC the Hummer, Larry will do the work. Then again, he also wants to SC the Prowler, and chip the turbo Beetle. When will this madness ever end, Larry??? What u want to do to the minivan, Larry???:)

The Kingfisher's and Indian await u my friend. Let me know when.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no flame intended. Larry, you must love when someome buys a Roe Supercharger! :laugh: :laugh:

Larry is great, I have to agree....looks like it has been great fo M2 business. What does DIY mean anyway ???????????????????????????????

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, I honestly don't know how to take your comments at times...I do have a love and a passion for what I do and I strive to do the best that can be done. I can tell you this, when things don't work out the way I plan, I do take it personally. I'm sure my friends can attest to that first hand, LOL. The Viper community as a whole has been great to me and I've made quite a lot of true friends. I don't know it all but I'm trying to learn from each and every experience. Our company is quite diverse which means one day I'll be diagnosing a Viper, Ferrari, MB or Porsche. All in all, Viper owners are my favorite group of people for which to associate and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Tony, Your great too, Sir! I feel a lot of love in this room.

Bindy, I'm waiting for you to pull the trigger on which vehicle you choose to modify next. We have got to stop talking about food though, that's my third passion outside my family and work. Anyone that knows me can tell you I could afford to skip a few meals. ;)

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry
Anyone that knows me can tell you I could afford to skip a few meals. ;)

Larry I would have to admit I could skip some too.

Chris " fake cop car" Napolitano says the next mod I should do to my car is:

for the driver to loose 50- 60 lbs. I thought to myself maybe 10- 20 lbs, if I lost 50-60lbs ....I would have to drive with a IV bottle, so I would not pass out. He says " No dude... think how much faster your so with 60 less pounds." Still I am thinking it would be easier to drop weight out of the car by: taking out passenger seat, take out all MGW products, spare tire, fire extinguisher.
No..... It hard to loose weight :p ..... I do not want to take all the stuff out the car...
I know the easiest way .... lets add HORSEPOWER :D .

Cudaman :usa:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, I honestly don't know how to take your comments at times...I do have a love and a passion for what I do and I strive to do the best that can be done. I can tell you this, when things don't work out the way I plan, I do take it personally. I'm sure my friends can attest to that first hand, LOL. The Viper community as a whole has been great to me and I've made quite a lot of true friends. I don't know it all but I'm trying to learn from each and every experience. Our company is quite diverse which means one day I'll be diagnosing a Viper, Ferrari, MB or Porsche. All in all, Viper owners are my favorite group of people for which to associate and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bindy, I'm waiting for you to pull the trigger on which vehicle you choose to modify next. We have got to stop talking about food though, that's my third passion outside my family and work. Anyone that knows me can tell you I could afford to skip a few meals. ;)

Larry, take my comments as we would be sitting down together with a brew in hand and smile on my face :laugh: If you read between the lines, you might see a compliment in there for you.. :laugh:

Gerald

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Roe s/c owners.

Just an update. In the past 11 days I have put on 1300 hwy, city, and several track day miles on the Roe s/c Viper since Larry Macedo finished her. Drum roll please. Runs like a dream. No problems to report. I'm having so much fun I should have 100,000 miles on her by the end of the year. :) Thanks Larry.

Our trip to Bradington was a blast. Met some new folks. By the way thanks for the PM Matt! My 97 GTS with the Roe s/c ran 1.71 60 ft, 103 mph 7.1 1/8 mile, 11.17 @ 132 mph. I had to let off as the track said to not run in the 10's. It was 90 deg out and vary high humidity. In the fall with better weather, with slicks and skinnys the Viper will run a 10.50 or better. :eek:
-----------------------------------------
Rdustman,
You got the fever for drag racing. PM me with your #. We had fun in BG.
------------------------------------------
Cudaman,
lose a few pounds. LOL. I would like to see you around for another 50 years.
BTW no more power for you. If you get more power you will have to run with Tom W. in Unlimited. LOL.LOL.LOL
-------------------------------------------
Gerald,
When are we going to run your killer DLM Viper with my Roe Viper? :laugh:

**** I would like all to know that if you have a 1996 PCM you will need to update the PCM with the local Viper Dodge dealer. If you have a question why, just call Larry Macedo @
Macedo Motorsports
407.246.6511 Office
407.970.3463 Cell
www.macedomotorsports.com Larry

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TFAST4U
Cudaman,
lose a few pounds. LOL. I would like to see you around for another 50 years.
BTW no more power for you. If you get more power you will have to run with Tom W. in Unlimited. LOL.LOL.LOL
Chris your on..... I will drag race you ....street or strip ....in 50 years.... I will be 96 years old :eek: ....

Cudaman :usa:

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Larry, take my comments as we would be sitting down together with a brew in hand and smile on my face :laugh: If you read between the lines, you might see a compliment in there for you.. :laugh:

Gerald

Gerald, I was just messing with you and took what you said as a compliment, Sir. Thank you! BTW, any time you want to buy, I'll be there. I still want to get with you at some point and look at the machinery we discussed. Thanks again!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those interested, Larry was the first person we gave a Beta version of the VEC2 tuning software to. He came up to the shop and we went over the program tables and how they work (his eyes were as glazed over as mine were when I was being shown in Sweden). I felt we needed someone at the V10 nationals to provide tuning support and am glad to see that the program is doing as it was intended. The new version with more features and programmable outputs (for turning on water injection, nitrous solenoids, etc) will be ready for everybody soon. We want to provide all the tools necessary for the kit to be a true DIY. Even though guys like Larry are a valuable asset to the Viper community, he can't be where all 103 kits went :) .

Regards,
Sean

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62