An SVS Story - pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly.. and most are repeat customers who dump hundreds of thousands of dollars... they do h/c and its not enough to they convince them to do a roe, then thats not good so they do a paxton, then a TT, then a built motor, etc etc.....

must have a marketing degree thats for sure

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey DrumrBoy...you have shown a lot of patience with SVS!! Much more patience than I have. It looks like they would rather chose to hide under a rock instead of admitting their mistakes and making good on their service. I can't imagine how upset you must be! :omg: I would be absolutely LIVID!! :mad:

After looking at all your receipts I have come to the conclusion that you were there first customer and they didn't know a @#$%@#$ thing about what they were doing!

Have you ever thought about suing them? You have everything documented so your case is rock solid. :2tu: I get upset if someone rips me off and I can't imagine being taken for "5 figures"! :nono: :mad:

What I find interesting about these crooked tuners is that the media seems to look the other way and print glamorous and pump-you-up articles about their fantastic cars! I just don't get it!?!?!?! :dunno:

I encourage SVS to reply to this thread with an explanation...however I doubt that will ever happen! :eater: :eater: :eater:

Last edited:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles - that ***** - or as my wife would say "inhales vigorously!"

There is an excellent lesson here for everyone to take note of - REGARDLESS OF TUNER!!!

Document everything!!!!!

From their representations on the phone or in person - just write it down in a diary. Keep a record of everything. Seriously guys - even the "gods" of the tuning world can become demons in somebodies world - and the only protection you have (unless you want to spend a few grand with a "security company") is very good documentation.

That way - if you can't resolve an issue with your tuner - and you expose them... and then you get a letter from their lawyer warning you... you can make them wish they had just shut up by the time it is over. The key is to get good advice early on what to make public and what to hold back, and how best to counter attack if attacked. For this it is worth paying a very good litigation attorney - their hourly rate pays for itself in competence against well practiced opposition

Like everyone here - I hate this stuff - these cars are bought for fun, and integrity is all people want when they spend their money.

PERMABEAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. No svs for me. I agree with others above that you should sue them.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Macedo how the Viper tuning biz is going.:omg:

Actually, my car is getting ready to go right back down for further upgrades. This will be the third time I have used him and everything has been exceptional, and I am extremely picky. Ask anyone that knows me and my car. Kenny's situation was an unfortunate one, but Macedo has MANY happy customers.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that there should be a "Sponsor Feedback" Section in the forums so write ups like these can be posted there where more people would tend to look. Kind of like a rating system. Other forums have taken to this idea especially when they have alot of sponsors. It would be easier to search for the company and see what positive/negative feedback each has and for what. Just a suggestion. This truly is a bad case and would like to hope that SVS can resolve this. They are off of my list of who will be working on my car as I plan on doing lots of mods to it, it just ***** that it had to be based off of someone else's mishaps. Good luck DrumrBoy I hope all works out.

Dave T(BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that there should be a "Sponsor Feedback" Section in the forums so write ups like these can be posted there where more people would tend to look. Kind of like a rating system. Other forums have taken to this idea especially when they have alot of sponsors. It would be easier to search for the company and see what positive/negative feedback each has and for what. Just a suggestion. This truly is a bad case and would like to hope that SVS can resolve this. They are off of my list of who will be working on my car as I plan on doing lots of mods to it, it just ***** that it had to be based off of someone else's mishaps. Good luck DrumrBoy I hope all works out.

What happens when someone has negative feedback about one of this sites supporters/vendors? If they were to post it, how would it be treated? Same as a non site supporting vendor?

Last edited:

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know many many local Viper owners here in IL who wont step foot into SVS because of a lot of local problems like this and the words gets out.

I hope you can get this settled from them somehow. Good luck.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, my car is getting ready to go right back down for further upgrades. This will be the third time I have used him and everything has been exceptional, and I am extremely picky. Ask anyone that knows me and my car. Kenny's situation was an unfortunate one, but Macedo has MANY happy customers.

All i know about Macedo is that he targeted me personally for one of his pending legal actions for what reason i don't know. But it was made pretty clear by him that he was coming after me with no reason given. I suspect it is b/c I tried to help Kenny back then. I wasn't going to say anything but since you mention him, it brings back baaaaad memories. And i was never even a customer!

Sadly, I can count the happy # of customers on one hand that i know of (you are one, there may be one or two others). The unhappy shouldn't equal or trump the happy... but in this case, i can count more unhappy than happy. Again, a never previously voiced opinion prior. I guess that's what happens when you come after someone.

JD

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Untold Facts:
Jr's actually 1/2 normal with a sense of humor, and sometimes fair.
Ron Sr. needs to retire to sunset village in AZ, and let Jr run the bus.
Sr. and Bush need to party.
One thing SVS hasn't learned in bus. If you **** up, just bite the bullet and fix it,
out of your pocket.... All of us good businessman have done it. Most **** ups
can be fixed with the jobs profit.

Hey Bob,
Nice guys finish last :(
Get used to it.
Hope the family's doing well out there.
Peace

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happens when someone has negative feedback about one of this sites supporters/vendors? If they were to post it, how would it be treated? Same as a non site supporting vendor?
Well if someone has legit negative feedback than it needs to be posted and kept alive until resolved. I am sure Nine Ball can answer more to this topic as he runs a very successful forum at ls1tech and have the same type system I am talking about up and running and let me tell you it solves ALOT of problems. I had a problem with one of the sponsors and it got solved. Now if say there is a problem with a non-sponsor Well than maybe another section for Non-Sponsor feedback? The point is that people need an easy way to see how the sponsors or other shops are treating the customers. It keeps an honest sponsor and shops that care honest if they want to continue to have business.

At the same time, if say that someone posts negative feedback and upon further investigation that was not the case, or it was the case that the sponsor fixed the problem, the post will be updated as such, that way when a possible customer goes browsing around the forum, they wont see that someone left negative feedback even though the problem was resolved correctly. Just a suggestion is all.

It also helps sponsors that are truly doing good things, amazing work and customers are greatly pleased with the work done, for example this post http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...-woodhouse-has-great-service.html#post2464706 would all be in a single section and show the good work these sponsors are doing. Yes you can do a search, but to me it would be more organized this way. Sorry if I got the thread a little off topic but I do like the idea.

Last edited:

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After all that, don't freak if you have a viper, Srt ram or vette.....
Albert Dashto owner of Brakes Plus a family run bus in Des Plaines, IL
totally straightened out Bob's car. Al's fair priced and likes the work.
He has a lifetime of Hot Rod experience and has done well with many
Vipers now. He's a bad ass tuner also. Not so good looking but......lol.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL. Whatever you say.
"Unfortunate" is one way to put it. :rolaugh:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Untold Facts:
Jr's actually 1/2 normal with a sense of humor, and sometimes fair.
Ron Sr. needs to retire to sunset village in AZ, and let Jr run the bus.
Sr. and Bush need to party.
One thing SVS hasn't learned in bus. If you **** up, just bite the bullet and fix it,
out of your pocket.... All of us good businessman have done it. Most **** ups
can be fixed with the jobs profit.

Peace

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!:2tu:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I encourage SVS to reply to this thread with an explanation...however I doubt that will ever happen! :eater: :eater: :eater:

They will. This is how it goes:
1) Detailed post of how someone was screwed.
2) Numerous replies jumping on the bandwagon.
3) Replies get carried away since there's no response. Harsh things said.
4) Tuner replies with detailed analysis of his own.
5) Numerous replies about what a good job they did for him.
6) Original repliers recognize lots of names in the "pro" category they know.
7) Original repliers without firsthand experience start backpedaling.
8) Original posters with firsthand experience and tuner get into harsh verbal war.
9) In the end, no one's sure but it's bad press for everyone and the way it was handled is enough to keep most people away.

I never dealt with SVS on anything. But I'll stick with #9 personally.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So it sounds like SVS has taken advantage of many customers over a period of time. Is that not reason enough to ban SVS from the VCA? :dunno:

I know that VCA banned another tuner because they @#$%$ customers.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called SVS to do work on my GTS but after the first few sentences, knew right away that he was not a person I wanted to deal with. Nuff' said.

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it sounds like SVS has taken advantage of many customers over a period of time. Is that not reason enough to ban SVS from the VCA? :dunno:

I know that VCA banned another tuner because they @#$%$ customers.

And ban SVS adverts in Viper mag just like H...

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I'll not be dealing with SVS at any point in the future... I've had some bad experiences over the years of getting ripped off by tuners/ mechanics (not Viper-related I hasten to add) and it's the worst feeling knowing that you've trusted someone with your car, parted with some hard cash and not got what you wanted (or, indeed, the car's come back in worse shape than when it went to the shop). And especially frustrating when they won't accept responsibility after the event and you've got to spend even more $$$ to get things straightened out...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had some bad experiences over the years of getting ripped off by tuners/ mechanics (not Viper-related I hasten to add) and it's the worst feeling knowing that you've trusted someone with your car, parted with some hard cash and not got what you wanted (or, indeed, the car's come back in worse shape than when it went to the shop). And especially frustrating when they won't accept responsibility after the event and you've got to spend even more $$$ to get things straightened out...

if it helps any, you arent the only member of that club. :smirk:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope you get this straightened out drumr, I would hate to be in your shoes. I am in business and mistakes happen. When it happens and it does, you admit the mistake, lick your wounds and move on in order to save any future business. It will be interesting to hear SVS's side but either way, you definately have the documentation to prove your case.
This makes the 1 grand that I got screwed out of by Partsrack seem like small poatoes! Good luck.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hope you get this straightened out drumr, I would hate to be in your shoes. I am in business and mistakes happen. When it happens and it does, you admit the mistake, lick your wounds and move on in order to save any future business. It will be interesting to hear SVS's side but either way, you definately have the documentation to prove your case.
This makes the 1 grand that I got screwed out of by Partsrack seem like small poatoes! Good luck.

You got taken advantage of by Partsrack?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media alert!! Before anyone entrusts his or her car to anyone for extensive mods, get the tuner to agree, in writing, to exactly what is going to be done; what results are expected; how long it will take; and how much it will cost. Also, ask for proof of insurance; whether any litigation is pending against him or her for mods done on someone else's car; how many cars he or she has similarly modded; what warranty, if any, is being given; and the names of at least three references of individuals who had similar mods. It amazes me how many people have posted over the years that are willing to send their car and thousands of dollars to a starnger with little or nothing in writing. There is a name for people like that: Fool. I hope that SVS steps up to the plate and speaks directly to you. Regardless of SVS's view of reality, the proper thing to do is work it out directly with you.

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
N/A call Ilmor racing engines, TT call Heffener's performance end of story

In addition to those two, these guys also deserve high-fives for from what many of us have read:

-Macedo Motorsports
-BTR Performance (BTRVIPER)
-DLM (Doug Levin Motorsports)
-Active Engines (Located in Ontario)

Last edited:

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to those two, these guys also deserve high-fives for from what many of us have read:

-Macedo Motorsports
-BTR Performance (BTRVIPER)
-DLM (Doug Levin Motorsports)
-Active Engines (Located in Ontario)

No UGR? The guy sounds like an ass in some of his posts on the Alley, but I do give them credit when it comes to being a good shop.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All i know about Macedo is that he targeted me personally for one of his pending legal actions for what reason i don't know. But it was made pretty clear by him that he was coming after me with no reason given. I suspect it is b/c I tried to help Kenny back then. I wasn't going to say anything but since you mention him, it brings back baaaaad memories. And i was never even a customer!

Sadly, I can count the happy # of customers on one hand that i know of (you are one, there may be one or two others). The unhappy shouldn't equal or trump the happy... but in this case, i can count more unhappy than happy. Again, a never previously voiced opinion prior. I guess that's what happens when you come after someone.

JD

You can add me (and a few others in Ohio) to Larry Macedo's happy customer list. He did warranty on my engne when the faulty rockers failed and 20,000mi. later I'm still amazed at the power each time I put my foot to the floor. Thanks, Larry.

Ted

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is so inclined, there is a very very long thread on the alley about this very subject regarding Trents RT/10. I have since deleted the documents but can get them rehosted shortly. Basically he was in this thing for low 6 figures, and upon attempting to pick up the car received a bill that was $100k over the agreed upon price. Seriously. The fact that it had to go before a judge to get settled, and then tossed a rod through the block shortly after the fact says quite a bit.

I still don't get where people say 'they can build a good car'... where? They have this wild full blown race car that grenades the motor everytime they take it out, can't keep a transmission in the thing to save their life, and constantly make up their own new records.

Really, who cares how fast you went on E85, or E70 in a car that barely resembles a viper, with a dry sump GTS-R motor, especially when that speed wasn't much if at all faster than what the guys in street cars were running. . .

Like I have said previously, if you look up the Dupage county, IL court records regarding SVS you would be appalled. Even further, check out the background on the SVS family concrete business and who they were involved with prior to sheisting people with sports cars, and you will quickly see the long road of f*cking people out of major dollars (tax payer dollars in that case) is nothing new for these guys.

For those of you who ave never seen a lifter before, they are all marked so that you know that one side is up and one side is down. the shop manual says in bold print INSTALL LIFTER WITH MARKER FACING UP.

Hmmm... Maybe they should mark exhaust flange gaskets so boldly? :2tu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.