Annual Charlestown Cruise and Brunch

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was hanging' with the cobra club on Sat... You guys think my gen 1 is basic??...... I may be jumping' ship soon... I just love those cobras and couldn't give a $hit about the extras..
Carry on..

I do runs with other clubs as well - why dont you see if those guys want to do a joint cruise?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been makin' the 'rounds of the local car clubs. I think it would be fun to add a few "other snakes" to the brew... (but I feel I'm way wrong here).. I'm a long time gen 1 owner and have strong affinity for snakes... How would the local big bux viper owners feel about sharin' the road with a few old-school snakes?.. Cobras I mean.... Yep, they're out there and very cool IMO... I really don't care that they're way low tech.... Hell it's fun to hear that my gen 1 is full of extras..(A/C, heater..fan...Top......)

Strange but I may be in the wrong club... yep.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, if I will cruise with you, I will cruise with anybody.:D

Let me know and I would be happy to go with Cobra guys or whoever.... as long as it's not raining.:omg:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our members has actually was invited to join the Cobra club for their monthly/weekly (not sure which it is) breakfast meetings. They have a Scavenger Hunt Cruise we were going to try to piggy back with. We have also had a Cobra or two join us in the past on cruises.

Still waiting to get additional details.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, if I will cruise with you, I will cruise with anybody.:D

Let me know and I would be happy to go with Cobra guys or whoever.... as long as it's not raining.:omg:

Jack, ... I'm in!

Set it up! I tried hangin' with the VCA.. I setup a fun Sunday run idea but my work schedule just doesn't work well... Try as I may, the job just keeps getting in the way.. Heck, I left work at 03:45 on Sunday(am) but still got crap from the local high posters when I showed up at 10:00 at FOW.... (yeah, I was shot and not much into socializing....)

So...

I leave 6/2 at 04:00... from DC. area.. I'm going down to Deal's Gap, TN. (Dragon).. to spend a few days of RR.... any and all locals are welcome to join me in this little adventure...

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack, ... I'm in!

Set it up! I tried hangin' with the VCA.. I setup a fun Sunday run idea but my work schedule just doesn't work well... Try as I may, the job just keeps getting in the way.. Heck, I left work at 03:45 on Sunday(am) but still got crap from the local high posters when I showed up at 10:00 at FOW.... (yeah, I was shot and not much into socializing....)

So...

I leave 6/2 at 04:00... from DC. area.. I'm going down to Deal's Gap, TN. (Dragon).. to spend a few days of RR.... any and all locals are welcome to join me in this little adventure...

Can you please elaborate on the comment about the "high posters"? I don't think I even got to say hi to you before you left, and we specifically waited *for you* because we thought you had gone to get gas, not disappear permanently.

There is only so much we can do to accomodate you Jim, and I know that John went to great lengths to make VCA membership feasible for you again this year. You made a stink about renewing here on the forums and we discussed associate memberships as a result. We have planned Sunday events, partly at your request, and now you're saying you can't make those either, and yet somehow we're car snobs because you think we wouldn't welcome doing an event with other cars. We do something with the Richmond Corvette club every year. What exactly are you looking to get out of being a member of the club?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly, .. Please do not accommodate me!!! My "all-around-the-clock" schedule doesn't lend well to socializing. Yep, my normal days off are Sun./Mon. but I do what it takes to stay employed!.... It's normal for me to be at work until 4:00am... If you lived in my shoes you'd know that doesn't mean much... I left work early last Sunday morning and still made my way out to FOW at 10:00 (after 2+ hrs. sleep)... I work all the time and try to find time to get out....but I can be really crabby when I don't sleep!! I apologize for dissing the club.. (if that's the way it sounds..) Did I really say you guys are car snobs?? haha.... That's not what I meant to convey... I haven't even met most of you guys after two two years!!! ... And doubt I ever will..

As for John's efforts... I appreciate the thought and paid my dues just the same...

Gents... I've been around the NOVA area for a long time; I've been a viper owner for a long time as well. Perhaps my manners here on the forum are lacking and I apologize to all. I will hereby desist.

-Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude