Another Beast Hits Da Streets

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is back home after having a bunch of mods done on it. I wanted a reliable package that I can put 1,000 miles or more a month and yet still have plenty of ponies to let loose. I brought my car back to DLM who added the Paxton S/C back in Nov. Since I wanted to turn the boost up to 12lbs we added a Forged Bottom End, Billet Rods, Polished Crank etc and then came time for the heads. I went with the JM Heads with Inconel exhaust valves and a few other recommendations that Doug had for me. Comp Coupe Cam is also a nice addition. Polished and Ported Intake & Belanger Headers minus the 4 cats. Something that looks great is the Remote Extra Large Water Cooler in the rear of the car.
For the rear I went with the Quaiffe and had Unitrak install the 3.33 and set the rest of the rear up. To get all this power to the ground I had to go backwards and get 18's for rims. Last minute I got a great deal on HRE 545 and added some Kumhos to them. They are awesome tires for this much power.
On the 5th Dyno run on 93 gas it dynoed at 854 rwhp & 788 lbs Torque. The air fuel line was straight as an arrow. I had many cars dynoed but never saw a line this flat. Doug told me his custom computer and program with the Aeromotive Fuel System would run fantastic. My ride home from Miami was 297 miles of pure Viper smile. Most of the ride was on the interstate and the car performed flawlessly. On the streets boosting it is fantastic. The sound from the S/C is music to any gearhead.
My goal was 100% reliability. I could have had more power but I didn't want to take any chances of compromising the reliablility. This weekend I will take some pictures and hopefully will have the time to set my cam up.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
854hp, thats it??

WOW, sounds great. (note to self:stay out of crystal river)
Richie, are you going to bring that beast to St. Pete grand prix? ? It would be nice to get a few vipers together to represent.

OP
OP
R

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doc Kumhos are the ticket. If I only did the base S/C I still would have gotten the Kumhos. The traction is fantastic.

Beep please let me know when it is I would love to come down there. I am sure Gerald would also come down. I had to work everyday since I took my car home. It's time to go ZO6 hunting again.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it back! Cool Richie! Trust me man, reliability is the ticket brotha!! I haven't turned a wrench on my viper in nearly two years and I've done two V10 Nationals on the same tune, belt , etc. 850rwhp and a daily driver, can't get better than that my man!

YoungDoc... I've got 17" Kuhmo's and I'll never buy another tire. it gets 100% of my tire to the ground and rockets me past crotch rockets.. ;)

G

G

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i plan on doing a supercharged immediately after purchase of my viper... I would love to get the kumhos but I don't know where i can find a 10 spoke srt 10 wheels that is 18x13??? also how do they handle in the rain???

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your very close to my numbers. How about that power, hey. Unreal or what, damn the thing just keeps wanting to go and go. I thought the stock Viper was fast, then I thought the stock Paxton was fast and now, holly @#$!%&. We need to start an 850 club. Let’s match them up at Viper Days in Sebring.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That DLM setup is crazy!

I would love to see pics of the setup and the tank in the trunk. Injoy the extra power and be extra careful. With run flats my 705 rwhp felt like I was on ice. Get those new tires asap.

vd.. :2tu:

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to hear you have it back. We are going to get some good pics and video clips of that beast.

OP
OP
R

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmfao I called someone yesterday just for that. I am going to try the Xpel clear bra. There are somethings we have to learn the hard way.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive safe Richie and bring back some funiture for me too. My house should be fisnihing up later in the summer.....

G

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
RichieSRT10,

That's about where I should be power wise, maybe a bit higher, when I get my car back next week. I went to 530 ci during the rebuild. All forged internals, blower cam, J&M Striker heads, etc. Already had the Paxton and 12 lbs sounds about right for the new set up if you want durability.

What A/F ratio did you end up with?

The Kumhos work pretty well, but not as good as the Nitto drag radials on the street. When you wear out your Kumhos, give the big Nittos a try. They are now available in Viper sizes for the rear and the rumor mill says Kumho is phasing out the Ecsta V-700s.

YougnDoc,

Forgeline makes nice 18 x 13's for the Viper. That is what I'm running on my beast.

Enjoy the new power and be careful.

Dan

OP
OP
R

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey X, My air fuel ratio was 11.46. Also for head I am running JM Heads but not the Stryker Heads. That is there newest and best head. I like to know how the Nitto's handle on the interstate? The Kumho's are great on the open road and that was also one of the reasons I went with them but am interested in other tire alternatives.

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper X you said that the Nitto came out with a drag radial in viper sizes for the rear? I looked at Nittos website and they have no 19" drag radial sizes... Where you referring to an 18" rim size because I saw some 335's in that size?? I realize other wheel makers make an 18x13 size but I wanted a factory 10 spoke 18x13 sized wheel :( Is this feasible at all??