Another dr. colorchip story

gtsfe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just used dr. Colorchip today. It does a great job. Perfect? No. One thousand times better? Yes! Takes a little practice to get the hang of it. I learned many things that will help you make your repair look the best it can.

1: The "blending solution" can wipe off everything you did if you use too much paint. This is a plus if you screw a part up.
2. The key to applying the paint; LESS IS MORE! If the chip is big do it several times building up slowly.
3. When blending use basically NO pressure. Let the chemical do it's thing. You can see the dab slowly disappear... Then buff to a great shine.
4. Work in small areas.

This is just a quick post from my iPhone... I will try to get some before and after pics up sometime.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the endorsement. I've seen the TV ads but you can never trust those......first hand from a respected source is way better.

How big a chip can be repaired and still look OK?

Also, please do post the pix when you can.

OP
OP
G

gtsfe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
before:
You must be registered for see images attach

after:
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
G

gtsfe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as how big the chips can be and it still look ok; It depends on how much time and patience you have. The bigger the chip the more thin coats you will have to do, and like I said before you have to use small dabs and smear it quickly. I ditched the latex glove and just used my finger. That allowed me to actually feel the pressure I was applying and smear the dab smoother. I would suggest starting with one or two inconspicuous chips to get the hang of it. But for $50 my car looks worlds better.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks really good! I read somewhere it doesn't work that well with metallic paint?
I might give it a go anyway.

Oravetz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance anyone has used both the dr. colorchip and the langka and formed an opinion of the quality comparison?

Husker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used Dr. Color Chip on my Venum Red Viper. I agree with everything mentioned above. Results are great and it covers metallic very well.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered a Dr. Color Chip, Stone White. Hopefully it will do a decent job, not looking for a miracle. It would be nice if it will fill in the chip in terms of volume, so I guess I need to try several coats. We shall see!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang