Another (sigh) new owner

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um.... So I just traded my Porsche Cayman S for an 06 red convert Viper with 13K miles. It's all stock I got it for 50K. Had it for a few days now, and only used it for running around town. I must say it's quite a bit different than my mid-engine car. I have yet to really get into the throttle, but I can easily tell this car is VERY unforgiving. For some reason I can't find the sport or stability control button. (I kid) Just hope it's nice here in Dallas this weekend.

Thanks

Robert

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Condrats. Owned my 03 for three years now, and it never gets old! Your Viper has LOTS more torque than that Cayman (which are great cars, by the way). You're very lucky to have owned both. Go easy on the throttle till you get used to it!

Reaction score
Not sure about the sigh there, unless it's a sigh of pure contentment at your new purchase :) Congratulations and welcome to the club! And of course - pics! We want pics!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome!!

I still want to buy a Cayman S, hopefully will one day.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goodbye Europe....Hello American Muscle.

Nice and wise decision! Congrats. Yes, by all means, 'ease' into the throttle and build up slowly! It is a snake....and they can bite you if not careful!

You'll learn to love 'on-ramps'....I know I do!

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PirateViper - HA! Yea, I did. I see you're from the Carolinas, so I assume you know the previous owner?

The (sigh) was you guys constantly seeing new owners coming to the forum. I was part of a Porsche forum when I had mine.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PirateViper - HA! Yea, I did. I see you're from the Carolinas, so I assume you know the previous owner?

The (sigh) was you guys constantly seeing new owners coming to the forum. I was part of a Porsche forum when I had mine.

Don't worry, we all remember getting our hands on our first snake like it was yesterday. So we know exactly how excited you are and how much fun you're going to have this summer :2tu: I would highly recommend joing the VCA, I hear they have fun events down there in Texas.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goodbye Europe....Hello American Muscle.

Nice and wise decision! Congrats. Yes, by all means, 'ease' into the throttle and build up slowly! It is a snake....and they can bite you if not careful!

You'll learn to love 'on-ramps'....I know I do!

I was getting onto the North Tollway yesterday and looked down and I was doing 100 before I knew it.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great top down weather we are having these days, enjoy it before the 95+ days get here

congrats

:tx:

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes....that's my car....traded it on a 08 blue Aero Vert they had....That's a great car....btw those are 08 h-spoke wheels wheel michelin pilots .....tires are not a problem.....have fun ....I did!

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, they said you got a blue 08 with a couple hundred miles on it. I knew it had newer wheels on it, but didn't know why. You just decided to put those on? That's funny, I know this was a small group of people, but didn't think the first day on here I would find the previous owner. Looks like you took very good care of it. Did you leave it stock the whole time?

Robert

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, they said you got a blue 08 with a couple hundred miles on it. I knew it had newer wheels on it, but didn't know why. You just decided to put those on? That's funny, I know this was a small group of people, but didn't think the first day on here I would find the previous owner. Looks like you took very good care of it. Did you leave it stock the whole time?

Robert

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually had an 09 exhaust with random tech high flow cats which I highly recommend....cools the car down considerably and sounds great.Put the stock exhaust back on before trading so it would be as close to stock as possible.

Reaction score
No need to sigh for another new owner, we like and welcome new owners - the more the merrier! Another convert to this most awesome of vehicles is all good :) Oh, and pics! Pics! lol

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pictures yet, but I'm sure PirateViper could provide as it used to be his car LOL. This is too funny.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HA! I'll get around to it eventually. They only gave me one key, you don't happen to have the other do you? I'll obviously send you some cash for it.

Robert

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually it was stolen outta my garage a couple months ago.....the morning after I took delivery of the 08 and the 06 was on its way to you[though you didn't know it] somebody broke into my garage....they like to caught a case of .38....if it turns up Ill definitely get it to you.I actually only got one key to my 08.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to your new family. The North Texas region of the VCA has things planned out through the end of the year. Come meet the group and join the VCA.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to your new family. The North Texas region of the VCA has things planned out through the end of the year. Come meet the group and join the VCA.

As stated! Come on out to our events and enjoy the comraderie that will be sure to follow. You will be impressed to say the least. We offer a wide range of events to attend.

PS: Wanted to say Congrats and Welcome aboard!!

Last edited:

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Viper.....really hate that the weather here in Dallas is on the not so great side this weekend or we could meet up. Welcome to the fun!

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats the new new ride. Glad to hear its got good tires. Your Face is going to start hurting from all the grinning your going to be doing.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The (sigh) was you guys constantly seeing new owners coming to the forum.
No sigh needed. Welcome to the family. :) Now where's the pix?