Another teaser photo posted by SRT on facebook?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's SRTs car. They can release it in whatever form they want as frustrating to us as it may be to folks here.

Must remember, the world of Facebook works like this or corporate entities. They ask their followers what they want And they respond a viper pic. Instead of saying to the 20,000 people who just asked for a picture no you can't see one, this is what they release. It's a newer version of marketing. Keep giving a bit of cheese. Take notice they are not doing those photo releases on here. They do it on FB where they have 100,000 people who just want to see something. They are happy with what they get to see as they are not as tied into the car as we are. They get just excited at the picture of the dart, a jeep, or even new Mopar gear.

Would I like to see more? For sure. But I am glad they have not shown it. Last thing I want is another viper Vette.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
flipped 180 - perhaps a different perspective will give spur other thoughts??

You must be registered for see images attach

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn't for this forum and people posting that SRT's Facebook was giving out hints, I would have never known about the teaser pics. I agree that Facebook is used for marketing, but really, do you think Facebook and the demographics of a "A" type male with a disposable income that can afford a $100k plus "toy" is the best marketing outlet? Younger buyers buying normal cars ($30k to $55k) yes, future Viper owners, no.

I don't have enough time to take care of what I want in a day and companies expect me to surf Facebook?.....maybe it works out ok for younger people that fall into that group, but I'm too busy to play games on a social site that I have to keep up with. I use this forum for up to date info, tech help, news of whats coming up, etc....back to that demographics thing I guess.

For a $150.00 a year VCA Venom membership, I would think SRT could email me the "teaser" photo stating it as such. Then I'd probably forward it to some of my other car buddies that drive Ford GTs, Ferraris, etc and discuss it and all of a sudden car guys with real disposable income are looking at the new Viper teaser pics and getting interested. SRT should continue with Facebook for exposure, but at the end of the day the people you need to put the teaser pics in front of are the people that are actually in the market for this type of car and can afford it.

Cheers,
George

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn't for this forum and people posting that SRT's Facebook was giving out hints, I would have never known about the teaser pics. I agree that Facebook is used for marketing, but really, do you think Facebook and the demographics of a "A" type male with a disposable income that can afford a $100k plus "toy" is the best marketing outlet? Younger buyers buying normal cars ($30k to $55k) yes, future Viper owners, no.

I don't have enough time to take care of what I want in a day and companies expect me to surf Facebook?.....maybe it works out ok for younger people that fall into that group, but I'm too busy to play games on a social site that I have to keep up with. I use this forum for up to date info, tech help, news of whats coming up, etc....back to that demographics thing I guess.

For a $150.00 a year VCA Venom membership, I would think SRT could email me the "teaser" photo stating it as such. Then I'd probably forward it to some of my other car buddies that drive Ford GTs, Ferraris, etc and discuss it and all of a sudden car guys with real disposable income are looking at the new Viper teaser pics and getting interested. SRT should continue with Facebook for exposure, but at the end of the day the people you need to put the teaser pics in front of are the people that are actually in the market for this type of car and can afford it.

Cheers,
George

Amen! I think the marketing idiot that started this whole trend of releasing a new model through teaser pics should be punched in the neck. Choosing to release details on FB, rather than here, is ***** but I am sure its a pure marketing decision. Once my Aunts started joining FB I knew it was time for me to delete my account. Maybe Aunt Millie is one of the 100,000 fans but she is definitely less likely to buy, or care, about a new Viper than I am.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Boy:3043126 said:
Secondly it's not worth their while. 500 or so people here to see it, 120,000+ on FB...

True, however I'd be willing to bet that 1% of those 120,000+ can actually afford a new Viper, and I bet 1% of that 1% is actively looking to buy one. I bet 90% of the 500 here can afford it, and 50% of those are actually going to buy one. Besides, all SRT says a bout brand loyalty yata yata yata, then they post it on FB so a bunch of little kids can trash talk it and say SRT4s are faster :rolleyes:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently, Chrysler corp does not do much direct marketing to forums. They use twitter, FB, etc.

Secondly it's not worth their while. 500 or so people here to see it, 120,000+ on FB...

I have to agree with Robert. Most car companies show hints at their new products through their own web sites. Not on club forums. While we the viper nation do have a unique relationship with the manufacturer they still need to do what they feel is necessary to promote their cars. I do t hi k they owe us the first looks. They are gonna throw us a party with the car as the guest of honor. Don't see any other manufacturer doing that for their customers.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody complaining how it's not fair for SRT to release teasers to facebook and not here needs to stop complaining.
Every VCA member had the opportunity at VOI 11 to see the actual car in the flesh, or at least a clay model of it. That's more actual exposure than all of the teaser pics and renderings on the internet combined...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert's right in the sheer #'s game of people registered here vs. FB and that SRT doesn't do much (or any?) direct forum marketing. But, C. Hermsen is right about means and potential buyers is way higher here than FB. Release the sneak peek here 1st and then an hour, day, or whatever later, release it on FB. The SRT marketing dept. could email it to 1 of the Nat'l guys and let them post at whatever agreed time.

I personally don't mind FB getting the pics 1st as I'm registered there and know not everyone on FB is invited to the Gen 5 reveal gala or could have attended VOI 11 to see it, but to keep their current customers happy, releasing it here 1st does make sense.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im still amazed its posted on FB and NOT here.......

I'm guessing SRT marketing people are on top of their game, and have statistics to back it up. FB is a simple cost effective slip stream that flows quickly to the general masses...half dozen auto blogs picked it up immediately (plus allpar), etc., and sent it further along. VCA release is preaching to the faithful (which includes MANY who buyt their Vipers used)...gotta ask who is SRT's (Chrysler) market for growth? They already have us.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. They probably have us. But this club used to be or always touted how tight it was with dodge/srt. It hasnt looked thst way as of late.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks to me like this teaser is of a digital rendering and not an actual car, thus the phony looking CF. That or they are using a different weave/pattern.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont agree with the way Dodge has chosen to release teaser pics. They come here looking for feedback on what we like/dislike about past and current Vipers, but they cant release teaser pics to us FIRST?:rolleyes:

I'll be in NY for unveil.:D I guess I need to make some Viper shirt to wear.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could bet lots of money to say that the teaser show 1 of the 2 hood vent that are gonna be located each side of the NACA vent.....:headbang:

and stop bashing the marketing guys......Social medias are more powerful than a forum.

And they know that most here are already sold on the new Viper, the rest of the world was not even aware that the snake was coming back.....

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cheers,
George

And I thought I was the only one that's not going on facebook. Way to intrusive for me, and you know some ***** geek is working on the next big computer virus for all facebook users. Or some rouge nation.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rumors that the rear diffuser ducts did not pass aero............................hmmm, if that is true then what could this be? I think I will go with hood scoops, but then either way it actually appears the " Teaser" concept is eliciting responses.

Whether we like it or not, it does seem to be having the desired effect -- folks are talking , complaining , guessing, wondering, etc.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably right Plum...you have been here several years to notice, however they are honoring VCA, with the private showing in NYC on April 4th. Ferrari would have never done that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets