Anti-sub of 5-point makes it hard to do heel&toe.

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the pedals are offset to the left, my anti-sub of my 5-point harness makes it hard to do heel & toe.

Should the anti-sub be installed with an equal offset?

Any ideas?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No Way should a properly-installed 5-pt interfere w/ Heel n toe!

Unless of course it is unused, and flopping around underfoot.

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon is right, the anti sub belt should not be an issue. You can step on the brake without any problem right? Then heel-toe isn't an issue. I use my toe on the brake, and pivot my heel to the right and blip the throttle. Others may do it a bit differently. I even learned to do it with the stock pedals, though I added aluminum ones with a kick on the gas pedal to make it easier and make my motion smoother.

What exactly is the issue with the belt?

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The anti-sub strap is in the middle of the seat, but the pedals assembly is offset to the left. So, the anti-sub strap is kind of in the way when I try to use the brakes.
frown.gif

Does this make sense?

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I understand what you're saying, but the belt was never an issue for me. Are you on the short side? If so, that may have something to do with it. At any rate, I'd say you have the following options:

1. Cut the stock seat cushion to route the belt up through the middle rather than over the front edge. There's a recent thread on this and what it looks like, do a search.

2. Put in a race seat. I did this and its amazing. I can swap the stock seat with the race seat in 15 minutes. The sub belt routes up through the seat cushion on the race seat (see option 1). For me, the race seat is even more comfortable than the stock seat and when I get the brackets right, I'll leave it in all the time.

3. What Anthony said.

The easiest/cheapest is to start with #1.

Good Luck!

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put in a Sparco Pro 2000. As far as comfort goes, as I said, I'll be using my race seat all the time. For some reason, I just can't get comfortable in the stock seat. It doesn't seam to have the tilt in the bottom cushion I need. And contrary to popular opinion, I like the race seat even more on long drives! With the stock seat, my right leg rests against the center tunnel at my knee which torques it in a funny way and ends up hurting after a few hours. With the race seat, my right leg is supported at the thigh due to the high side bolsters - no more leg pain on long trips.

As for hindsight, don't go with the pro 2000 - its too wide to fit in the Viper without some shaving of the shoulder wing. Get a narrower Sparco model - I think the Evo is the one to get. I'll be putting in another for the passenger shortly - I want my instructors to be just as safe in my car as I am!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdinc98117