Any 2014s?

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has there been any 2014s delivered yet? I re-ordered mine on the first day, dealer says it has been in trim for a month. I did order a GTS but with a SRT hood and stripes, could be a delay.

I hate to say it but I'm just about to pull the plug on a gen 5 and start looking hard at a low mileage Lambo

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, 2014 cars started arriving at Tomball about a week ago. But, those are likely cars that were ordered as 2013 cars, and were so late that they became 2014 model year.

Gallardos are slow, unless you are thinking Aventador. Here is my wife beating one in our Gen V. You don't want to be that slow guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mZi6C0ikUg

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently got rid of my Gen IV convertible and am probably going the Gallardo way as well.

Yes they are slower, but you're in a **** Lambo, way more attention than the viper, nicer interior/fit/finish and the exhaust sounds great.

For my driving around the street (don't street race or drag race) car is fast enough, now if you're a drag racer or autocross/track day guy definately stick with a Viper !

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go the Dodge dealer on Okeechobee Blvd,in Palm Beach Fl. They have 6 14s sitting their and 2 13s.. 6 more 14s coming in weeks... Deep Discounts...No sold in weeks..

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok,have to say,you are a very lucky man to have such a cool wife that not only likes a Viper ,but can drive one also. All the women I know do nothing but ***** when they ride in the Vipers...They love the Turbo S though,it does not burn their legs...

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, they will do any thing if they believe you have the means(I do) and are serious to buy one. I would have bought a 14 Black GTS ,but it did not have the wheels that I like.They called today and have the exact car coming I want within weeks. I just wish SRT did not piss off several of my Viper friends that canceled their orders. It is more fun to have the Vipers with friends that have them.. I will probity buy the 14 ,just because the deal is so good. They are nice people and will deal, if you want a new Gen.5..

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't want to be that slow guy.

You are right I don't like being the slow guy. I have a 12 ZR1 with just a touch extra boost so I can pretty much keep up with traffic, I guess. :drive:

I'm just getting a little concerned about so many 13s sitting and it looks like the 14s may meet the same fate.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ringgold has a very nice 2014 listed in the classified ads...and pretty good price, call them...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently got rid of my Gen IV convertible and am probably going the Gallardo way as well.

Yes they are slower, but you're in a **** Lambo, way more attention than the viper, nicer interior/fit/finish and the exhaust sounds great.

For my driving around the street (don't street race or drag race) car is fast enough, now if you're a drag racer or autocross/track day guy definately stick with a Viper !

Maybe in Winnipeg. Regions do matter. Here in Houston, Gallardos are just as common as ZR1 Corvettes. You'll see dozens of each at our monthly Cars&Coffee. It takes an Aventador to stand out, if you are a Lambo fan. The Vipers are still much more rare, and attract more crowd than any Gallardo here. Example of what you see in Houston, which has a HUGE car culture. Link to my Cars&Coffee gallery:

http://s466.photobucket.com/user/ynotdv8/library/Events/Houston CC?sort=3&page=1

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very true about the region comment.

In Winnipeg Vipers are pretty rare as well, on a given sunday cruise night I've seen 15 corvettes drive by, in the same time you'll see countless mustangs/camaros and maybe 1 other Viper.

My friend bought a Viper and brought it up from the States (Texas) and I noticed that we would get thumbs up from people on the highway, people coming over to chat at gas stations, it go quite a bit attention in almost all states as we drove north. The car just doesn't bring that attention up here.

Nice photo albumn ! You have quite the mix of cars.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a 14 that got delivered to one of our members last Thursday. Graphite with Red seats, looked good.

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a 14 that got delivered to one of our members last Thursday. Graphite with Red seats, looked good.

Damn that sounds hot.

Truth is I can't wait for mine. We were one of the first people to drive the 5 at VOI 12. Both my wife and I thought it was drop dead gorgeous and I still think that. My first viper was yellow with black stripes and that is what I ordered. I know there is some 13s around and now even a couple 14s, but when I first saw them at VOI I said it would be cool if you could get the SRT (ACR) hood and now that is available I will wait.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a white/red 14 GTS somewhere in Cali
I'd like something with red interior for 14 if anyone can help with dealer name I'd appreciate it!

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when will we see some pics of white with red stripe cars and red with white stripe cars?

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe in Winnipeg. Regions do matter. Here in Houston, Gallardos are just as common as ZR1 Corvettes. You'll see dozens of each at our monthly Cars&Coffee. It takes an Aventador to stand out, if you are a Lambo fan. The Vipers are still much more rare, and attract more crowd than any Gallardo here. Example of what you see in Houston, which has a HUGE car culture. Link to my Cars&Coffee gallery:

http://s466.photobucket.com/user/ynotdv8/library/Events/Houston CC?sort=3&page=1

Very true. 430, 458, Gallardo, R8. I don't even turn my head when they pass by.

I easily see 10+ 997 Turbo and Turbo S daily. I can't count the total amount of 911s I see.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have already delivered some 2014s and have 4 in stock at present , so they are out there. 2 GTSs and 2 SRTs , as we think the sales in 2014 will be more evenly split -- especially with the upgraded stereo, NAV/backup camera, and some increased sound deadening on the SRTs.

kenphjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have already delivered some 2014s and have 4 in stock at present , so they are out there. 2 GTSs and 2 SRTs , as we think the sales in 2014 will be more evenly split -- especially with the upgraded stereo, NAV/backup camera, and some increased sound deadening on the SRTs.
So, there is no horsepower increase over the 2013-the 14 is essentially a 13 with a few different colors and upgrades that don't matter much in the speed arena-is this true?