Any 96 RT/10s Have failed head gaskets?

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though our 96's are a Gen I engine, has anyone with a 96 RT/10 had the head gasket problem?

Mine is fine, I have ~ 8300 miles, and I am still under extended warranty untill the end of this calendar year...

I just wanted to get a feel for what was happening with the 96s! Should I be worried?

thanks
Tomer

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is fine at.... jeez....... 34,700 miles

Either I drive too much or you drive to little..think it's a bit of both
laugh.gif

Are the mopar composites thinner than stock?

MadMaxx

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I have 10,800 miles on mine and I haven't had any problems. Like you, my extended warrenty runs out at the end of the calendar year so I will deffinitely be getting a Chrysler 4 year Extended Care Warranty to replace it. Better safe than sorry.

-Matt

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had mine go at about 22K. Had the local Viper tech replace them and only cost me $50 (car still under DC warranty). Look for signs of coolant leaks or coolant tracks on engine block. Should be worried if you have to come out of pocket for a replacement or Arrow rebuild.

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine went at 8900. Arrow rebuild. I still have an agonizing oil leak. Took it back to the dealer three times for the oil leak.

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what you are talkin about. I'll do a search.

OP
OP
T

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah, I would like to know why sooo many engines go for the arrow rebuild when all that appears to be wrong is leaking head gaskets...Is there something else wrong that noone wants us to know about??

Tomer

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will state for the record that, though not a '96, my '94 started having the leaking head gasket problem. I re-torqued the heads myself (not a big deal) and the problem is 100% gone so far.

--Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc