Any fire sale priced Vipers out there at closing dealers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, and when Chrysler drops the Viper because of people like you that want to pay nothing for the car and you guys are ******* and moaning and crying, saying "why did they discontinue the Viper, whaa whaa, whaa" and "how come Chrysler is filing chapter 11?" you'll know why.

The Viper is a performance bargain at 90k new and a steal at 70k new, but still not happy until you squeeze them into non-existence. I purchased my 1st Viper from Bill Pemberton when I was 29. I worked my tail off to save up enough to buy it. Now I had a budget of what I wanted to spend but Bill offered me a 2001 at a fair price, more than I wanted to spend, but I loved THE CAR. I thought to myself, if I wanted a cheap performance car I'd get a Vette or a Mustang or some other car, but this is a Viper and I'm not buying it for the price I'm buying it for the car. I'm sure that Bill made money off of me but thats what's supposed to happen, and ya know what, if I have a problem or question, I know I can call Bill *** he will be glad to help me. If Bill and Woodhouse don't make money, they go out of business and then we lose a valuable asset to the Viper community. Now because of "bargain" shoppers the want everything for nothing, Chrysler is dropping the Viper and going into Chaper 11. Pity.

And 1Tony1, I guess you're one of these guys who feels your post count or join date makes you a big man. Keep livin on the net and get that post count higher internet tough guy. :rolleyes:

Are you cracked?? :confused:

The only reason I decided to upgrade to my '09 was BECAUSE of the steep discounts on the new models. I was perfectly happy with my '99 GTS. I didn't go out looking for a dealer that would sell me a car at MY price. They priced the car first, then I came and paid what they were asking for it. And they didn't have people banging down the doors trying to buy it even at that huge discount.

The prices are/were dropping because NO ONE IS BUYING! NOT because buyers are demanding it. :rolleyes:

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you cracked?? :confused:

The only reason I decided to upgrade to my '09 was BECAUSE of the steep discounts on the new models. I was perfectly happy with my '99 GTS. I didn't go out looking for a dealer that would sell me a car at MY price. They priced the car first, then I came and paid what they were asking for it. And they didn't have people banging down the doors trying to buy it even at that huge discount.

The prices are/were dropping because NO ONE IS BUYING! NOT because buyers are demanding it. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about you. You saw a good price and went with it, I understand that. That's the way it should be. But continuing to beat on a seller that already has a great price is being cheap. Of course people aren't banging down the doors to purchase a 60k-90k 500+hp sports car, it's a select market.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's June 9th and all the dealers that were slated to close should have liquidated their unwanted inventory. So did you catch the Leprichaun at the end of the rainbow? And if so, what did you end up buying? :eater:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A new orange/black stripes coupe sold at folsom lake dodge recently for $64,995.

That was a nice car. They had that for sale FOREVER asking $69,000 and then they finally reduced it to $65,000 and it still took another two months to sell. Tells you something about the market.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my '09 brand new in the 60's in February so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I've been told you may see some good deals on '08's show up in July/August when the $20K employee discount 6 month ownership requirement has expired.

Believe it or not, most of these cars have been sold for the $60s price range right after the discount was offered. Chrysler said they would come after the dealerships if they sold before the 6 month hold period but that has proved to be mostly BS.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And 1Tony1, I guess you're one of these guys who feels your post count or join date makes you a big man. Keep livin on the net and get that post count higher internet tough guy. :rolleyes:

Keep guessing about what I feel...... I'll explain what I know:

1. Pauls asked about lower priced cars, he made no mention of beating someone down on their pricing (not that there is anything wrong with that...the dealer can say "no")
2. Pauls is and has been a contributing member to this website and the Viper community....my point ?? What about you ?

Now because of "bargain" shoppers the want everything for nothing, Chrysler is dropping the Viper and going into Chaper 11. Pity.

Your kidding ... right ?? What are you like 29 or 30 years old :) :D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not, most of these cars have been sold for the $60s price range right after the discount was offered. Chrysler said they would come after the dealerships if they sold before the 6 month hold period but that has proved to be mostly BS.
Exactly correct on all counts as i personally know of 3 guys who bought Gen 4s with stickers in the mid 90s for low 60s(dealers located in southern US ) ALL the cars had less than 20 miles on them and were titled in the name of Chrysler employees(under the program ) and resold a few days later.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has turned out to be another of those "Have and have not threads" It's inevitable that in todays climate someone will be shopping for a good deal and it's inevitable that those who paid the big bucks might get insulted. Too many complaints about the thread and multiple violations of the non site supporter dealer postings. All done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang