Any fire sale priced Vipers out there?

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the dealer closings, anyone seen any great deals? I've heard there is an ACR in Colorado at a dealer who is closing. I'd like to find a Black 08.

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At this point I am seeing dealers discount less than a few months ago on Vipers. Being that they may not be produced again, who really knows what the company that bought Saleen would do with Viper,,, if it is them who ends up with the purchase. Saleen owners are not happy, may not bode well for Viper either.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a late model Lear Jet with flying lessons for 120,000.00 Some listed,but not for my price.Just Kidding, Us owners of the new Black SRTs like our cars to much to give them away.Good Luck on finding your Black Gen 4.When you do,you will see what I mean.

Black/Black Gen 4 Coupe 400 Miles

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll sell my '09.

money talks.

400 miles on it so far. Sticker.

There will be folks in history that look back and reget they didn't jump on this.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jump on the 1/2 car listed in the classifieds. It does have a black hood

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill sell u my 08 ssg vert at 80k i think 80 k is a fire sale,good luck with your search i will not give my vipers away any more.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a local dealer call me last night asking if I would sell my 08 because they have a customer looking for one just like mine:dunno:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the Scam?? I have never heard of this before. I have a very close relationship with this dealer and if there is some sort of scam going on I would very much like to confront them about it.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a big scam, but many auto salespeople will suggest they have a hot buyer to get you into their showroom, where they have a chance to sell to make a sale.

This is a common tactic.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the Scam?? I have never heard of this before. I have a very close relationship with this dealer and if there is some sort of scam going on I would very much like to confront them about it.

Scam is too strong a word, marketing techinque is more appropriate. As Paul said get you to come to the store. Got a letter from the local Porsche dealer yesterday saying "your 2007 Carrera Cab is highly desired" we'd like to look it over and offer to buy it.

How is your local dealer doing? A good dealer friend from PHX told me that Chrysler "blew up" Vegas and terminated half the dealers.

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a big scam, but many auto salespeople will suggest they have a hot buyer to get you into their showroom, where they have a chance to sell to make a sale.

This is a common tactic.

My neighbor recently received a call from his Lexus dealer who said that they had a buyer for his year old car and they would buy it weather he wanted to trade or not. Investigation revealed that they would buy the car...at below wholesale and I doubt seriously if they had anyone waiting to purchase his '08.
Call it a scam or marketing technique, it worked.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Robert, That dealer (I assume you mean Towbin) and lack-of-Integrity both were using that tactic. I've received calls from Integrity and Jay received calls from both and even innocently followed through with one just to find out what was said above - they just wanted him in the showroom to low ball him on his car and see if he'd buy one of theirs.