Any idea what broke?

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just filled the tank up and decided to take the long way home for a little spirited driving on this long stretch of road.:drive: I took off from the light without any problems. Stretched out first gear a little too long because fuel pump shut off kicked in. Shifted into second with a little tire shutter and stretched out second. Shifted into third and as I was accelerating I noticed that the exhaust sounded different and the car felt like it had a slight vibration to it. The exhaust sounded like it was bogging and I felt a power loss. The rest of the way home I naturally took it easy but the driver side exhaust sounds almost like it blew out. Every time I take off from a stop the car stutters (burps and farts). It feels like the car is missing and is not firing on all 10 cylinders. When I got home I lifted the hood and looked underneath but I dont see any leaks of any kind. I do notice that the driver side exhaust tips are brownish/black compared to the passenger side. The only mods are S&B Filters and Corsa cat back. I'm hoping it is something like a fuel injector that went bad and not something like a broken valve spring. Looks like I'll be calling Chuck tomorrow to see what he thinks. Any ideas? :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte