Any luck with taking your viper for service in the Bucks County, PA or Trenton, NJ area?

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Bucks County outside of Philly, has anyone taken their viper for service around here? I know about Barbera's, is their any place good closer to me? Dealers in the Trenton area would also be closer than Barbera's in Philly. I need to get a check engine light diagnosed. (It's still under warrantee)

Thanks!

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have purchased 3 trucks from Reedman's and they are great for price but make the trip to see chuck Tator at Tator's Dodge 914-763-3136 in South Salem NY if you care about what happens to your Snake. @140 miles from Reedman.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to Barbera's! Go straight in and see either mechanic. Ask for John Kerwin or Joe Kallas. Both have serviced both of my Vipers and will do you lots of favors and answer any questions. Really good mechanics and Joe was an Oval racer so he is good with car suspensions, which he has helped me with my race Viper. They take me right in, no wait, and they don't sweat the simple stuff. I wouldn't take my car anywhere else! They are not that far from you.

OP
OP
S

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
Yes, Joe recommended Barbera's, that is quite a distance away from me. I would like to find someplace a little closer, if I can. Joe also suggested Reedman's. However, Joe has never gone there, has anybody had any experience with them? I did call them and found they do have a viper-tech.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as long as the mechanics there are opposite of how the salesmen operate. Barbera has a bad reputation of ****** people when it comes to sticker shock. About two years ago I went there and they tried to sell me a red 94 with almost 20,000 miles for $52,000. Not bad huh? I told him that that price was way out of the ballpark. He said I can work with you...I said drop the price 12,000-15,000 and that is working with me. The next week I bought a black 94 with 7,800 miles in near mint shape for $37,500 from another Dodge dealer with new battery, polished aluminum wheels, smooth tubes, and bullet mufflers...and best of all gave me a one year warranty with it! I wouldn't go to Barbera again if he was the last dealer on earth...

Just my experiences....

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry, but if the sales people at Barbera's are any reflection of their service department folks, then personally I wouldn't trust my car with them at all. I know of couple of others who bought their cars from Barbera's and have used them for servicing. They've not had anything bad to say.

I have taken my car to Jeff D'Ambrosio's in Downingtown. Speak with Tommy Scheetz, their Viper mechanic. I also know a couple of excellent Dodge mechanics at Elverson Motors (another Dodge dealership) although they are not Viper mechanics per se nor does this dealership deal with Vipers specifically.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking my car to Barbera tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes.

Just an FYI although I realize it's apples and oranges, I have taken my other Dodge (Stratus) there before, and everything seemed on the up-and-up, they diagnosed a problem that several other area mechanics couldn't figure out. Expensive, but did good work.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Buhler right outside of Red Bank, New Jersey. He is great and they have 2 Viper Tech's on call most of the time. They can figure out just about everything and they are great guys.