Any pics of polished or CF roll hoops on a Silver SRT?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this might help, i did them on my 04.

6041PICT0074A-med.JPG

6041PICT0001B-med.JPG

6041PICT0002B-med.JPG

6041PICT0005B-med.JPG

6041PICT0011B-med.JPG

6041PICT0022B-med.JPG

6041PICT0024B-med.JPG

6041PICT0026B-med.JPG

6041PICT0016B-med.JPG

6041PICT0047V-med.JPG

6041PICT0024V-med.JPG

6041PICT0021V-med.JPG

hope this helps

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your going to do any real sporting stuff , road course or drag racing you should put in the Autoform rollbar! the factory and similar to above are cosmetic only and provide little or no rollover protection.

BigSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on my black 03 and love them. They look cool because you can also see them through the back window when the top is up, just adds a little something extra. The autoform roll bar is functional, but doesn't look as good, and.....I am not planning on rolling my car over any time soon. And, even if you rool it, the A-pillar will collapse.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those polished hoops are growing on me ... they're not anywhere near a true racing roll-bar, but since they are polished stainless steel, I would guess that they are quite a bit stronger than the stock hoops, and I read that the support brackets that hold them to the frame are pretty thick ... so they might be worth just a little piece of mind

scottcot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed the autoform rollbar on my '04 and noticed that the ribbing on the top rubs against the driver-side hoop. Does yours do that also Sylvan?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wished these followed the seat contour a bit more like the ones from Startech do.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I where to purchase the hoops which ones chrome or satin?

I know the top is not down but I am not sure what to follow on the car - the polished to match the rims or the Satin to match the interior.

9384DSC02888-med.JPG

93849384DSC04034-med.jpg

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
very nice! I have a black SRT as well...

love the wheels!! very tasteful unlike some other pics posted here...

I'd lower the car with Eibach's....
Go with Satin hoops...

Then maybe upgraded head unit, speakers+amp.

and in the name of god... please no bodywork!!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words. I dont plan any body mofications so dont worry about that!!!!

I am just not sure whether they the Vipertrim Sport bars are the right shape. they just seem a bit out of place in some pics and look good in others. If you look at the sport bars by Startech they match the shape of the stock Sportbars but unfortunately are not for sale any longer, well at least that is what i was told by the importer in CA.

Here is a pic of the Startech bars...
9384startech_hoops2.jpg

And here is the Vipertrim sportbars...
9384srt_RW9513LRBMF_lg.jpg

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The star techs look better...I don't like the viper trim hoops...look kind of cheap...might just be the chrome look that's turning me off though.

I vote satin too.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
The star techs look better...I don't like the viper trim hoops...look kind of cheap...might just be the chrome look that's turning me off though.

I vote satin too.

Dittto... startech's look tough, sophisicated. that chrome trim looks cheap, like something you buy at the local "Autozone"

BTW, the 20" Startech wheels have to be just about some of the most beautiful I've ever seen

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about getting the autoform roll bar and having something that will really protect your head, not be a just for the looks item. they can prob chrome or make it out of stainless if you insist

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I dont do any track events and the like, I really am not interested in paying in excess of $2000 for a roll bar that i really dont like the look of either.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can tell you that the Vipertrim hoops look good in-person.

I'm only selling mine because I mistakenly assumed they would be stronger than the stock hoops (like a cheap safety upgrade), but they really are for looks, just like the stock hoops.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte