Any SRT Radio Problems

Jim Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
??? - most factory-look HU have, to me, a parts-bin appearence.

as opposed to the flashy, multicolored rave-kiddie look of aftermarket units? Not to mention the microscopic buttons.

And since it's clear that you didn't read any of the above posts very thoroughly, I'll reiterate that I've had poor experiences with stock audio systems in cars, especially when dealer prices for replacement OEM assesories is comparable to a much higher-quality aftermarket product.

"Higher quality" of aftermarket radios is largely a myth. Features are what they offer. Take even the most expensive aftermarket radio, put it through the durability testing required by the OEMs, and I can all but guarantee it'll be useless afterwards.

What's funny is that 'non-iconic brand' you refer to also builds the RB-1, which as Daniel pointed out above, comes as a factory option in the 'cult classic' SRT.

No it doesn't. and it hardly matters who makes it. Its appearance is dictated by Chrysler.

And since it's clear that you didn't read any of the above posts very thoroughly, I'll reiterate that I've had poor experiences with stock audio systems in cars, especially when dealer prices for replacement OEM assesories is comparable to a much higher-quality aftermarket product. I was unaware that Pioneer built the RB-1

say who makes it? Now who's not reading thoroughly :p

let me tell you that a true purist wouldn't have a radio in his Viper, because big-power, big-grip, no-comfot would more properly fall in line with the Cobra-esque philosophy and lineage.

Ah, I love the smell of elitism in the morning.

The Pioneer AVIC-N2 has a 50 watt amplifier,

Heh. right. aftermarket head unit power ratings have no basis in reality.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
??? - most factory-look HU have, to me, a parts-bin appearence.

as opposed to the flashy, multicolored rave-kiddie look of aftermarket units? Not to mention the microscopic buttons.

Opinion

And since it's clear that you didn't read any of the above posts very thoroughly, I'll reiterate that I've had poor experiences with stock audio systems in cars, especially when dealer prices for replacement OEM assesories is comparable to a much higher-quality aftermarket product.

"Higher quality" of aftermarket radios is largely a myth. Features are what they offer. Take even the most expensive aftermarket radio, put it through the durability testing required by the OEMs, and I can all but guarantee it'll be useless afterwards.

? I'm not as obviously familiar with this industry as you are, but the aftermarket clearly has customers, so their actual and percieved quality cannot be that poor.

What's funny is that 'non-iconic brand' you refer to also builds the RB-1, which as Daniel pointed out above, comes as a factory option in the 'cult classic' SRT.

No it doesn't. and it hardly matters who makes it. Its appearance is dictated by Chrysler.

What are you talking about? Daniel stated that Pioneer builds the RB-1; I was pointing out that the 'non-iconic' Pioneer brand builds both the RB-1 and the aftermarket stuff I'm referring to.

And since it's clear that you didn't read any of the above posts very thoroughly, I'll reiterate that I've had poor experiences with stock audio systems in cars, especially when dealer prices for replacement OEM assesories is comparable to a much higher-quality aftermarket product. I was unaware that Pioneer built the RB-1

say who makes it? Now who's not reading thoroughly :p

Explained above; sorry I was not more clear

let me tell you that a true purist wouldn't have a radio in his Viper, because big-power, big-grip, no-comfot would more properly fall in line with the Cobra-esque philosophy and lineage.

Ah, I love the smell of elitism in the morning.

How is that elitist? Seriously, if we're that concerned with the purity of the Viper that we scoff at 'ricer, aftermarket HU's', why wouldn't it boil back down to no radio, no windows, no frills? That is what the Viper is about anyway, right?

The Pioneer AVIC-N2 has a 50 watt amplifier,

Heh. right. aftermarket head unit power ratings have no basis in reality.

Ok.. ? Even if that is true, it doesn't discredit the rest of my post