Any super low mileage 96 GTS's for sale ?

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Any super low mileage 96 GTS\'s for sale ?

Just my opinion.....over the years I may have overpaid a couple grand here and there on a car, but only when it was a low mile, PERFECT condition car. And I never have regretted doing that. Somehow lady luck has been watching over me as I have never had a bad experience with the 30 or so used cars I’ve owned. To me, I did not care about bragging rights that I got 'the best deal'.....I just wanted the best quality car….so just go out and buy the best car you car afford, in the best condition, and if you can, don't worry about $3000 or $4000 when it comes to a $60,000 car. These are great toys that we big kids can play with everyday...not real investments 'cept for a few special cars.

Myself ? I just bought a 2002 GTS with 800 miles and extended service contract (I may return the contract, dunno just yet), anyway for a pinch over $60,000. Yes, that is more than I wanted to spend….but the car IS perfect in every way.

And yes I could still be looking for that $55,000 deal.....but quality and timing was more of what I was after (with price within reason...be real here) BUT rather than keep looking, I am going out to my driveway and start her up and go for a spin....right now !

Good luck in your search....looking is only part of the fun ! The drive is when the fun really begins !!!

Again, just my personal experience I thought I would share with you...to encourage you to find that special car and start enjoying it sooner rather than later !. BTW, that listing posted above certainly looks like the car you are after...

From the looks of your signature....I'll bet you'll have that special buggy before Christmas.

I do agree. I'll probably have one real soon. Good advice.

Glad to see the GN in your Sig.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kraus,
Great advice. I agree to pay the 'market price' for the 'right car'. With such limited # of Vipers out there, especially in perfect condition, we may not always have the luxury of patience.

Jeff, good luck on the search.

Thanks 357
Hold on to those FE's...I miss mine

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyway, the car isn't that perfect and it now has 7K and the price was raised to 60K. It will be a cold day in H-LL before he gets that price. He must not want to sell it.

There were about 6 other Vipers there and an Enzo Ferrari among others...

Never really talked to the guy, but he's not going to see 60K for that. I thought it had much lower mileage, like 2-3K. Like you said, he's not seriously trying to move it then.

I saw that Enzo today, sick sick car. Don't forget, they only made 399 of these, talk about rare. Here it is, taken with crappy camera phone:
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Too bad I missed you.

That Enzo was just "Plain Sick"

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score

anyone who owns a '96 with less than 3k miles does so because he bought car as an investment,no questions asked. this is not a sunday,sunny day in the summer kind of mileage. that's 300 miles a year or less. some cruises do that much in one day! lol i have 2600 miles on my '96(trailer queen;i admit it). purchased car not only because of color and style,but also for collectability. my point is,only way you are going to find a low mileage(<3k miles) '96 for under $60 k is someone who is near death,wrecked car,needs the money bad or is just plain stupid. grab that '96 for $60k if it checks out,that's more than fair. i think you know their value or you wouldn't be looking for a low mileage '96. good luck.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's one hell of an investment. You buy a car for what, 65K or so back in '96, not including taxes etc. You rarely if ever drive it, you maintain, house and care for it, get absolutely no fun whatsoever out of it and then nine years later, you turn around and sell it for 60K or so. Yep, a regular Warren Buffett.

There is no way a '96 with 7K on the clock is worth 60K.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

anyone who owns a '96 with less than 3k miles does so because he bought car as an investment,no questions asked. this is not a sunday,sunny day in the summer kind of mileage. that's 300 miles a year or less. some cruises do that much in one day! lol i have 2600 miles on my '96(trailer queen;i admit it). purchased car not only because of color and style,but also for collectability. my point is,only way you are going to find a low mileage(<3k miles) '96 for under $60 k is someone who is near death,wrecked car,needs the money bad or is just plain stupid. grab that '96 for $60k if it checks out,that's more than fair. i think you know their value or you wouldn't be looking for a low mileage '96. good luck.

Again, have you seen any sold for this kind of money ? Just because you and some of the other owners "think" they are worth it doesn't mean someone will pay that much.

I have owned 2 96 coupes and will own another one. Not looking to steal one, but maybe a decent deal.

Gala got a good deal on his car. I don't believe the guy was on his death bed either.

I'm in no hurry. The winter time is a buyers market. The spring will be a sellers market again.

I am definitely thinking about the 2K mile car. A little worried no one is bidding on it though. If I loose it, there will be more...

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I purchsed a 2000 Steel Grey GTS ACR last year for $59,800 from Naples Motor Sports. The car had 8,300+ miles and was in very good condition.

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score

calm down,dawg. just trying to help twinviper. i was simply stating anyone who has such low mileage(3k miles,not 7k,please read carefully) '96 has it for a reason. you don't buy a $70,000+ car that does close to 200 mph and stare at it unless you have intentions of keeping it for an investment,period. they won't part with that car as quick as one with 15k miles. your right,add up costs of insurance,upkeep,etc. it's a gamble. (#1 sold for $85k;2600 miles; at naples motorsports). many have put in vca classifieds for $65-$75. who knows, in 10 more yrs. i might sell my '96 for $20,000;or better yet,sell it to you for $100,000. happy holidays.

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry, if you took my thread the wrong way. i purchased my '96 with 2500 miles for $48,900 a year ago. i've been told by everyone in viper community the price was dirt cheap. i looked for 6 months for a low mileage '96 for the right price. almost bought one with 1800 miles for $60k(until i noticed no stripes passing through rear license plate area);obviously a repaint(ran vin#;true '96). dealer pulled off internet when i pointed this out. only reason why i said death bed was i bought my car from a collector who was 81 and dying. sold whole collection of 28 cars he owned due to illness. there was no budging on anyone's price when i was looking a year ago. i'll keep an eye out for one.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sorry, if you took my thread the wrong way. i purchased my '96 with 2500 miles for $48,900 a year ago. i've been told by everyone in viper community the price was dirt cheap. i looked for 6 months for a low mileage '96 for the right price. almost bought one with 1800 miles for $60k(until i noticed no stripes passing through rear license plate area);obviously a repaint(ran vin#;true '96). dealer pulled off internet when i pointed this out. only reason why i said death bed was i bought my car from a collector who was 81 and dying. sold whole collection of 28 cars he owned due to illness. there was no budging on anyone's price when i was looking a year ago. i'll keep an eye out for one.

No problem. I think you took mine a bit wrong also.

Thanks for lookin out...

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If low mileage GTSs were out there for a reasonable price, this would be a real short thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine