Any super low mileage 96 GTS's for sale ?

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Any super low mileage 96 GTS\'s for sale ?

2149 miles, 1 owner, original everything (except air filters), no mods, original tires, no stories.
Car is perfect....but then you already know that cuz it's the same car listed on ebay....now back to your regularly schedule thread...

DN

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Woodhouse has one with 400 miles on it...

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Woodhouse has one with 400 miles on it...

Spoke with Bill last week. He wants 65K. I just don't think these cars are worth that much right now.

Have any sold at these prices ?

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

97 WITH 1800 MILES SOLD FOR 62.5 WITH WARRANTY.

That had to be the highest priced 97 ? Maybe a 96 with 2K is worth 60K ?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you just might not be ready for a low milage 96 GTS. Its all about the timing. I own one of these 96's no mods, 8k miles and i would not let it go for less than 60K. I wish you all the luck in finding what you are looking for.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you just might not be ready for a low milage 96 GTS. Its all about the timing. I own one of these 96's no mods, 8k miles and i would not let it go for less than 60K. I wish you all the luck in finding what you are looking for.

Oh, I'm ready.......Just didn't think they were bringing this much money yet. Have you seen any sold for 60K or even close with 8K ? I'm sure alot of people don't really want to sell and ask high prices also.

If I find out they are selling for these kind of prices from a few more people, I will buy one this week.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The days of finding a clean ultra low mileage 96 and 97's for $50,000 are gone unless you find a wife selling one out of a bitter divorce.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The days of finding a clean ultra low mileage 96 and 97's for $50,000 are gone unless you find a wife selling one out of a bitter divorce.

Thanks Charlie

I can always count on you...

viperlee

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I've got a 97. Had it from new, No paintwork and only done 5ooo miles.

Value here about £40 plus I spose that translates to $70,000 upwards.

So it looks like they're cheaper in the US

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Naples Motor Sports had one a few months back with 38 miles. $74,995.... SOLD IT... check there web-site. There is a picture of the guy taking delivery... And I know they dont discount stuff there, unless its VERY old.. They only had the car for 45 days or so..

Therefore, I have to believe a 400 miles car is worth $65k, and a 2100 mile car is worth $60k.... Then once you get over 15k miles. They get into the high $40's-low $50's

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had one for you at $55,000. I don't know what happened.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

With 6k miles,correct? I would rather spend the extra 4k and get the one with 2k and all paperwork.

Again, it's another example of someone selling a 96 that has had it for sale for about 6 months now.

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score

7300 miles. I can send you a bunch of pics if you want.

Didn't you look at my car already?
96GTS very clean. I have only had it for 6 months.
Make me a reasonable offer. We can even try to work out the shipping.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had one for you at $55,000. I don't know what happened.

And it still is available as of last week.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

7300 miles. I can send you a bunch of pics if you want.

Didn't you look at my car already?
96GTS very clean. I have only had it for 6 months.
Make me a reasonable offer. We can even try to work out the shipping.

PM sent

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff,

No I don't, not even sure of his name. He comes down to Captree now and then, I know his plate says "BOYSTOYS". Charlie might know it.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You probably won't lose any money if you keep the miles down but I don't think it will really appreciate a lot for another 10+ years. I'm thinking they should be at 55k ;)

GALA-96-GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I purchased my 96 GTS for $49.5K with 8800 miles in July, 2005. Car was in pristine condition except for some minor scuffing under the front fascia and some minor scrapes on the rims (previous owner scrapped it against those damn curbs at the bank). IMO anything under 8000 miles should bring around $52-$55K and anything from 1500-3000 miles should bring $55-$60K.

Alex

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff,

No I don't, not even sure of his name. He comes down to Captree now and then, I know his plate says "BOYSTOYS". Charlie might know it.

Jon
He was there(Captree)this morning. A bit of a DI-K !!!

I introduced myself and told him Charlie said his car was for sale. The first words out of his mouth were "do you need to get financing ?". No I don't !!!

Anyway, the car isn't that perfect and it now has 7K and the price was raised to 60K. It will be a cold day in H-LL before he gets that price. He must not want to sell it.

Not a typical viper(car)guy. Just seemed like an old man with a Viper and no knowlege about cars.

There were about 6 other Vipers there and an Enzo Ferrari among others...

PowerKraus

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just my opinion.....over the years I may have overpaid a couple grand here and there on a car, but only when it was a low mile, PERFECT condition car. And I never have regretted doing that. Somehow lady luck has been watching over me as I have never had a bad experience with the 30 or so used cars I’ve owned. To me, I did not care about bragging rights that I got 'the best deal'.....I just wanted the best quality car….so just go out and buy the best car you car afford, in the best condition, and if you can, don't worry about $3000 or $4000 when it comes to a $60,000 car. These are great toys that we big kids can play with everyday...not real investments 'cept for a few special cars.

Myself ? I just bought a 2002 GTS with 800 miles and extended service contract (I may return the contract, dunno just yet), anyway for a pinch over $60,000. Yes, that is more than I wanted to spend….but the car IS perfect in every way.

And yes I could still be looking for that $55,000 deal.....but quality and timing was more of what I was after (with price within reason...be real here) BUT rather than keep looking, I am going out to my driveway and start her up and go for a spin....right now !

Good luck in your search....looking is only part of the fun ! The drive is when the fun really begins !!!

Again, just my personal experience I thought I would share with you...to encourage you to find that special car and start enjoying it sooner rather than later !. BTW, that listing posted above certainly looks like the car you are after...

From the looks of your signature....I'll bet you'll have that special buggy before Christmas.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Kraus,
Great advice. I agree to pay the 'market price' for the 'right car'. With such limited # of Vipers out there, especially in perfect condition, we may not always have the luxury of patience.

Jeff, good luck on the search.