Any VCA members near St. Louis or west of Charlotte who can inspect a car? WTB Gen 3.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, it's time to start my viper search! I'm looking to buy a red Gen III viper vert. If any VCA members are selling for a good price, I'm interested in buying.

Also, I'd really appreciate some help checking out some cars that are out of state. One is in Chesterfield, MO (just west of St. Louis), and one is in Forest City, NC (hour west of Charlotte). Anyone near those cars?

Thanks a lot...can't wait to have a snake. :headbang:

Edit: Nevermind, looks like the one in Chesterfield has been wrecked and is in rough shape.

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Any VCA members near St. Louis or west of Charlotte who can inspect a car? WTB Ge

Finally! Your time has come...can't wait to see what you end up getting, and cruising next spring!

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Any VCA members near St. Louis or west of Charlotte who can inspect a car? WTB Ge

Finally! Your time has come...can't wait to see what you end up getting, and cruising next spring!

Yeah! Can't wait! I plan to make it loud (if it isn't already) and get some white stripes on it.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am in St. Louis and I was in Chesterfield today. What and where....?.....:D

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:eater:......

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, some googling has told me that the one in St. Louis was wrecked and is in rough shape. Guess we'll see how the Charlotte one turns out.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i know of a 2008 vert- gts blue, no stripes for sale here in st louis- guy bought it and never drives it-

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i know of a 2008 vert- gts blue, no stripes for sale here in st louis- guy bought it and never drives it-

It sounds nice, but a Gen 4 is more than I'm comfortable spending on a car at this point. Thanks for keeping an eye out though!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fly out and drive it home if possible.

Good luck buddy!

Yeah, I'd like to. Wonder how cold it is through the south right now? Cold weather + viper bite is a concern. Thanks Andy!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I'd like to. Wonder how cold it is through the south right now? Cold weather + viper bite is a concern. Thanks Andy!

Dunno about NC, but down here in Jawga, its nowhere close to cold. Today would've been a good day to wear shorts.

V1OGLENN

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What do you consider a good price? I have 2006 Red Vert with 8,000 miles extended warranty until October 2013. All stock. Never drove in rain. Let me know if interested.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Okay, it's time to start my viper search! I'm looking to buy a red Gen III viper vert. If any VCA members are selling for a good price, I'm interested in buying. ......Also, I'd really appreciate some help checking out some cars that are out of state........... can't wait to have a snake. :headbang:

Dont be afraid to pay some shipping! There is a red 2004 SRt10 here in NW with 5700 cruise-in / weekender miles on it. Corsa and Floor mats is the sum total of add-ons. Just put up for sale this week.....Original-Owner is realistic on price.....has had 3 Vipers Gen 1-2-3......but he is NOT on the internet....This is a like-new SRT10. His contact info is used with permission: 541 265-8333 in OREGON....... "Fred"

Good luck in your quest...

JonB ~~~~:<~

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speaking from experience Jon saved me money on top of an already agreed upon price for my current Viper. I would definitely contact Fred to see what it is all about.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dont be afraid to pay some shipping! There is a red 2004 SRt10 here in NW with 5700 cruise-in / weekender miles on it. Corsa and Floor mats is the sum total of add-ons. Just put up for sale this week.....Original-Owner is realistic on price.....has had 3 Vipers Gen 1-2-3......but he is NOT on the internet....This is a like-new SRT10. His contact info is used with permission: 541 265-8333 in OREGON....... "Fred"

Good luck in your quest...

JonB ~~~~:<~

Thanks Jon!

It seems like I'm having a lot better luck finding cars through the VCA than the usual methods. The problem is that both of my good options are on the left coast and I have a budget in my mind for the whole thing. Guess I'll get some shipping quotes too.

OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's another question (I know, I have a milion).

I got a shipping quote from Passport that says shipping a car from the west coast will cost just over $2,000. If I find a great car for the right price in the winter, would it be cheaper to ship the car now, or will it cost more to drive the car home when prices are higher in the spring?

Total cost is something I'm considering. Plus I don't want to drive a viper across the country in the winter.

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got one here that can be vouched for by Tom Session in Wilmington NC....I sent you a pm.email [email protected].

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I have used Reliable Carriers a total of 6 times. In 3 cases, I asked for their "Standby" or "Convenience" rate, and that saved me several hundred dollars. I agreed to wait 2-3 weeks, but in all 3 cases they showed up in just a few DAYS... once it was TWO days, from Buhler Dodge to me, and I was not quite ready. If you ever bought a NEW Viper, it has already ridden on Reliable Carriers!

Can you pick up at a hub? They have a 4 hubs, MI, FL, AZ, CA,,,,,,and have regular drops there. And hub-drops cost less. 1-800-833-7411. ....Or 877.744.7889.

Good luck in your quest....

Here's another question (I know, I have a milion).

I got a shipping quote from Passport that says shipping a car from the west coast will cost just over $2,000. If I find a great car for the right price in the winter, would it be cheaper to ship the car now, or will it cost more to drive the car home when prices are higher in the spring?

Total cost is something I'm considering. Plus I don't want to drive a viper across the country in the winter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks so much Jon! That's a great suggestion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21