Anybody else have this happen?

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking under my hood today and noticed on the driver's side there was a grounding strap that was completely severed in two.The strap originally ran from underneath the plastic trim below the windshield washer through a couple clips on the underside of the hood terminating under the hood pad.It seems when ever the hood was closed it would crimp or press the strap against a large bolt with a + on the top near the base of the plastic trim piece where the washers sit and eventually cut it in two.I have had some issues lately with my alarm going off spontaneously and wondering if there may be some connection.I bared the wire,managed to fasten the ends together and positioned it so it doesn't catch the bolt anymore.Taking it in on Tuesday.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have seen it before... it is the "static grounding strap" from the hood to the body. It is part of te hood pad, so they will probably just replace the whole piece.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have seen it before... it is the "static grounding strap" from the hood to the body. It is part of te hood pad, so they will probably just replace the whole piece.

The purpose of the insulator pad is to reduce radio interference from the ignition system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang