Anybody put vinyl stripes on a Gen4 yet?

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of the cars selling at super low prices are without stripes. What would a proper vinyl stripe job in black or silver cost?

Reaction score
Just have them painted, the value will increase and the color of the vinyl and paint around it won't fade and cause other problems down the road.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use vinyl first, just to be sure you like it.
If you already know thats what you like , get them painted.

I used vinyl, (about $380) just to be sure, since I was hesitant about painting my car... 2 years later I knew I liked the strips, so I got them painted)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did vinyl stripes last summer as a temporary installation to see if I'd be happy with them. I'm ecstatic! Will paint them on sometime this year. Once you go stripes...you won't go back. :D

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had pearl white stripes painted on my 94. Makes it look like a different car, the results were fantastic.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Stickcity.com a call, they are in sherman Oaks, right off of the 101 Fwy.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had silver stripes on my 98 GTS and they were awesome. Hated the plain red.

Ted

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just have them painted, the value will increase and the color of the vinyl and paint around it won't fade and cause other problems down the road.

Disagree. Use vinyl first.

1. You may not end up liking the color in which case it's an easy fix. Plus, when it comes time to sell the car your buyer may especialy not like the color you picked. If it is not a factory offered color combination it may detract from the value as well. You may want to change the color yourself in a year or two.

2. A quality vinyl installation is almost indistinguishable for paint, you need to be six inched away to tell the difference, if that. Note I said QUALITY installation by a pro, not by your neighbor Biff. Also, modern vinyl is guarenteed not to fade or crack for 5-7 years, and that is OUTDOOR exposure not garage queens. The way most of us care for our cars it will last indefinitely. And the surrounding paint won't fade unless you keep your car out in the hot sun every day for years.

3. You can always paint them on later. A vinyl installation may cost you $300-500, and a good paint job 10 times that. And it ain't coming off. Be sure you want it.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vinyl is a great choice because you can't tell the different unless your face is right up on them. The other thing as mentioned previously, anyone you are selling your car to may not like your choice and it's a positive if they can remove them.

I had some subtle vinyl stripes on my Corvette's hood, the buyer took them right off and both of us were happy.

viperflex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The viper store sells a precut 18pc vinyl double strip kit thats pre-fitted with no trimming required. Anyone know anything about this?