Anybody want to DE Creampuff????

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ad no approved yet. :( Forgive my ignorance, what's DE mean?

Nevermind, I understand the De now, I'm stupid.

Last edited:

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the correct term is "DE-Flowering" a Creampuff motor. Having done this, the only thing I would do differently is to get the stock rods bushed for full floating pins. The Pistons come set-up for full floating pins but the stock rods are an interferance fit..so they get pressed on to the pistons. Makes it a ***** if you want to upgrade the rods in the future and keep the Diamond pistions. Love the pistions. Great piece of work and very strong.

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz,

I'm going down this road at the present time. Word of caution to anyone, you need to check your cylinder bore for proper tapper and proper diameter before ordering any pistons. As it turned out for me, I had my block checked out by a machine shop before ordering the pistons as per all recommendations and sure enough to my surprise the machine shop said that my block needed to be hone and bore a minimum of 0.020" over if I wanted the new pistons to properly fit. I can tell you that this was a total surprise to me. The motor only has 12k original miles on it. I really thought that I could just getaway with a light hone and de-glazing of the cylinders but not a complete bore and hone of the cylinders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456