Anyone Annoyed The Viper Is Coming Back?

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with bluesrt...it happens in MANY areas, not just cars...and not just Vipers. Admittedly 2007-2010 was a rough period in the auto industry, which made long range planning difficult!!

In answer to the original question....NO, it does not bother me in the least that the Viper is back. In fact, I'm all for it...along with a REAL factory backed racing program (remember the Viper's status, the sales, the VCA membership increases, etc. when Viper was a viable player in the racing world ??!!!!).

Do I need a new one? Can't say til it becomes a reality...and, that it IS a step up in looks and performance. One can only HOPE !!! :)

+1. I was at Sebring yesterday, and was saddened to see no on track or off track Viper presence, other than one red RT/10 that I saw. In the late '90's I was there, and the club had a corral, a tent, a presence, a significance, tons of energy, and camaraderie, all because Vipers were racing. Not so yesterday, and as I cruised through the various corrals (in my golf cart), Vette, Porsche, Nissan, Audi, I couldn't help but feeling a little resentment against Chrysler, that the program was abandoned so Dodge could get back into NASCAR. Let's hope SRT comes through, and brings back a winning factory-backed racing program for the Viper like the good old days. I think it would be great for the Viper, and for the club.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave