Anyone do business with Fast Lane Classic Cars in St Charles, MO?

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI,

Anyone do business with the dealer "FastLane Classics" in st. charles, MO?

just curious...even how your experience was.

thanks,

StoleIt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty close if you need a trained eye to take a look at a car for ya.

BlackViper03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal contact with them was limited - and that turned out to be a good thing.

About a year or so ago I made them an offer on a mint Dodge Demon they had listed on their website. At that time, I offered them 4K less than what they were asking (and what I thought was a really fair offer.) They blew me off and never even had the courtesy to respond back. When I called them, they gave me the run around. I never called them again.

But chalk one up to Karma. Because as fate would have it, about 6 or so months after my offer to FLC, I see the exact same car for sale online. Now it's for sale out of N. Carolina. I ended up buying it for $10,000 less than what FLC had it listed at - and when I bought it, it had just been fitted with a brand new OEM style exhaust system (over $1,000).

Thinking back, I never asked the guy I bought it from if he had it on consignment with FLC or if he purchased it from them. Either way, I saved 10k by not buying from them.

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried buying a Yukon from the sales manager who had owned it "for a little while". I asked who owned the vehicle before him and he said that it was bought from his mechanic but when I asked for the mechanics number the guy said that the mechanic is grouchy and would not talk to me. I asked him why he didn't sell it through his dealership but he said he sold it to his friend who is an auto broker. These guys are notorious at turning titles so all I can say is buyer beware. I wouldn't trust these guys as far as I could throw them....a bunch of crooks in my mind. Never do business with these guys. They play the "I got the car from a guy who knows this other guy who was the original owner" card. Stay away.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW......

I've known David (owner) of Fastlane for a long time. He is a great guy and has an even better reputation...!

If you watch any Meecum car auctions, Fastlane usually has several cars at every one. I doubt they would be repeated "regulars"
if there were a lot of problems.

FRANCHISE.... I responded to your other thread about this car....