Anyone done cooled seats in their Viper?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
completely wet in our 90 degree/90% humidity weather.

90/90? That's all?

I put a small towel on my back and then put my shirt on. When I get to the office I just reach back under my collar and pull the towel out.

Of course lunch time is a little tricky.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be one of those guys who likes to dive his Viper. If you just keep it in the Garage on hot days the seats and you will be fine.

But if you're one of those rare individuals who loves the Viper enough to drive with the top down on hot days, then you will either need to deal with clammy balls or figure out how to ventilate the seats.

I just buy a Slurpee or Big Gulp and keep it between my legs as I drive. My balls still get clammy, but at least they are cool :)

~Jay

You are correct, Sir. I am indeed one of those guys who likes to drive it every absolute chance I get. According to some, I may be a viper wuss cause I only do 2-3 friday at the track track days a yr, and not wearing a helmet in the car more than not. LoL But I drive her, hot or not, even if it's to work on a 100+ day, and my top is only for security purposes, and keeping out dust in the garage. The slurpee between the legs sounds good to.

I hear you about the clammy balls, but I prefer the Schvetty Balls, delicious. (one of my fav SNLs)

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
90/90? That's all?

I put a small towel on my back and then put my shirt on. When I get to the office I just reach back under my collar and pull the towel out.

Of course lunch time is a little tricky.

90/90 average yea, DC/MD swamp land, more about the humidity, who cares about heat, it's just the humidity that causes that sweating. You know all about that in the swamp land of FL.

The towel idea sounds like it would work, not sure it's any better than swapping to a golf shirt when in the car, been doing that for a decade. With the lil seat ventilator thingy, I think I got it set for the ****** fun days of summer. Either way, if I had to hook up an IV to drive it, I'd break out the needle. :rolaugh:

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. The guy who is recovering my seats is able to install a heating and cooling system. I should have the car back in about 2 weeks, so I can let you know how well it works.

What they do is carve out a square in the seat foam and place a fan like you would see in a PC case. They send the leather out to be perforated, and there is some special foam and other parts involved to allow air flow. The system they use is from www.seatcomfort.com. Their web site is horrible, but you'll at least have some contact info.

I don't know how much the parts are, but they are charging $750 to install it.

They are also re-shaping the seat so I won't need to use an ugly lumbar support pillow when I drive.

In addition to the seats, they will be covering the doors, lower dash, center console, back wall, and roll hoops in Saddle and black leather.

~Jay