Anyone else notice we just hit 10,000 registered members?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What is most important is ACTIVE registrants.... only a few hundred active folks here post. I think somewhere is a number of those active in past 6 mos. ??

I love number stats......but the software on this site apparently does not allow anyone to delete themselves. I am told that many websites want NUMBERS so they dont make it easy to leave. Hotel California comes to mind........

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is most important is ACTIVE registrants.... only a few hundred active folks here post. I think somewhere is a number of those active in past 6 mos. ??

I love number stats......but the software on this site apparently does not allow anyone to delete themselves. I am told that many websites want NUMBERS so they dont make it easy to leave. Hotel California comes to mind........

Not even close as an analysis, not even on a Monday.:rolaugh:
I worked my way back through the top poster list to the 1000th top poster and on that page 90 % of the page was posting this month with an average of 300 total posts.. So it's way more than several 100, more like 1000 or even more. Really does not matter as POSTING is not what is important.

What is important is the number of registered members who visit plus the number of TOTAL hits from everyone.
The number of REGISTERED members who visited the site in the last 24 HOURS is 803. Not unregistered lurkers, Registered members, logged in.

But even more importantly in anylyzing the value of a site for advertisiers is the number of hits the site gets from everyone including the lurkers/reader only types.
That number is off the charts lately. In the multiple millions per month.
So almost 1,000 of the 10,000 registered members were logged in and reading while logged in, in the last 24 HOURS. And we are getting millions and millions of views a month. That's a pretty impressive percentage.
Hmmmm, with that kind of traffic maybe we should raise the advertising rates.:omg:

How many of 'em posted, I dunno. You and Dave, Chuck, and Chad make up for all the non posters anyway.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: :lmao:

OP
OP
M

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's funny is I just noticed that my post about hitting the 10,000 registered user mark was my 1,000th post. That was a total coincidence - but hey, so are most things in life.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I still suspect this great community is Waaaaaaay smaller than 10,000 !

-So at least 8% of our most active of 10K web registrants visited the site in past 24 hours.
-And 900 of the top 1000 ACTIVES (300+ total posts?) have visited here in past 30 days.
-So is that not = approx same 10% of actives visited in 30 days? What about 90 days?
-From top # poster down, are you saying the total of posts of top 1000 = 300+ Total posts?
-But what about the bottom 9000? Any idea of total registrants visited within last 3 - 6 mos?
-And I dont mean total visits, but different visitors.
-Since 1997 I averaged 2 posts per day.....and I am considered by most as very active.

Is the stats page something members can visit? THANKS!

And was I wrong? Can a registrant even self-delete themselves? Or do registrants stay registered forever, VCA-renewed or not, live-dead-here-gone?

Last edited:

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
None of that matters to me! What I care about is the content/information, attitudes/fellowship, opportunity/adventure, presentation/site-quality.

In all of these things this site gets top marks from me!

Thank you for providing a great forum! :2tu:

Greg.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21