Anyone ever put a hitch on their Viper?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a local guy who lived around the corner from me who put a TRAILER HITCH on his beautiful viper.

He is dead now I killed him, for doing it.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't make the Viper sound like a woman! It's a 90's muscle car for street and track, not some 300K ferrari that will melt if a leaf falls on it, or some fancy Vette-Viper wanna-be with heads up display. When I put the hitch on, it didn't take away from the car. In my opinion, it was a more manly car. I didn't worry about a small square chunk of metal being seen from the back under my exhaust. Big deal. First off, I was able to bring tires and tools to the track in order to go faster, and I didn't have to go for thousands for an open or closed trailer, not to mention that the truck I had couldn't pull the car.

True, after a while I went to a open trailer and bought a new truck, but mostly for the convenience of setting the car up at home and then I'm done. Plus, on long 1000-1500 mile trips, I didn't have to put so much mileage on the car.

Oh, and please don't use the word "beautiful" to describe a Viper. Flowers and girls you want to marry are beautiful. Vipers are Cool, Hot, Incredible, Powerful, Wild, or any similar adjective you would like to apply.

Thanks,
Andrew

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay......I was holding out for the first guy who called about it, but I guess he fell off the face of the earth, so anyone who is interested, it's yours.
Seeing as how I have to ship it, and the average hitch, tongue, ball and so on goes for a couple of hundred, and the fact that the hitch and tongue is custom, how's about $300.00? When I took it off my car, I sanded it down and painted it black, so it looks clean. E-mail me and I'll respond with pics. I don't have the time right now to post pics.

Andrew

Destructo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one on untill I went with an open trailer that I pull the car with now. I have the whole set-up available. It connects real easy to the frame. It was custom made. Call me on my cell: (914) 755 5145. If I don't answer, leave a message and I will get back to you. It's been sitting in my garage for a while taking up space.

I have to say, while I had it installed, it worked out great.

Andrew

I know this is resurrecting a really old thread here, but anyone have any info on this hitch? Where did it mount? Any cutting of the bumper cover?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456