Anyone ever use Borla S-Type "Stinger" Mufflers?

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone ever use Borla S-Type "Stinger" Mufflers? I have concluded that Borla Stingers could make anything sound good. Has anyone ever tried them on a Viper?

I'm putting a set on my truck and the next project after that is to put them on the Viper.(catless/Borlas in the sills/Randomtech rear sub assembly)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Vette...'nuff said[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LIa5O7p3Y[/media]

I know...Stangs don't count because they just sound mean anyway.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyMQRwaaZtw&feature=related[/media]

Jeep SRT8[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzP2b-tLCPg[/media]

Viper??? What does it sound like?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mustang sounded perfect. catless is my guess on that too which i prefer.

go for it and see what happens. easy enough to switch out mufflers

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the stingers on my cobra as well, with LT headers, x-pipe and stingers the car sounded insane...

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tips for shooting video:

Don't point the camera directly at the exhaust exit.
Do an idle, rev, acceleration and deceleration.
Have someone hold the camera as you drive by.

Can't wait to hear it!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good tips Zentenk... alot of crapy soundclips/vids out there. Some are limited to the crapy microphone built into their crapy point-nd-shoot camera:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides having a Cool name and a steep price tag($160) i dont see
anything special about these mufflers/resonators. They have the Same straight thru preforated tube design as all the other brands.

Another choice for only $90 is the Magnaflow units.
They come in various pipe diameters to accommodate the stockers with 2.25/2.5" pipes or us running 3" systems. Also they have a 14" case compared to the stingers 10"er wich looks to be limited to a 2.5" IN/OUT.

2.5"
MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
MagnaFlow 12866 - MagnaFlow Performance Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com
3"
MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles
MagnaFlow 12867 - MagnaFlow Performance Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

OP
OP
R

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Besides having a Cool name and a steep price tag($160) i dont see anything special about these mufflers/resonators. They have the Same straight thru preforated tube design as all the other brands.

I agree but they must be filled with magic because they sound so good. The Magnaflow units sound good...these sound great.(at least I hope so on a Viper) I got a pair of them tonight for my truck. I plan to do a trial on the Viper this weekend just to see what they sound like before I commit to this setup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK...put one on this weekend. They unfortunately are not filled with enough magic to overcome an odd-firing V10.

I did find that someone did a study that looked into some things that I was thinking about to try to improve the exhaust note. The saga continues.
http://www.soundanswers.net/Tech_Papers/SAE 1999-01-1652.pdf

Good news is that the Borlas will have a good life riding on my F-150 next Saturday.

Here are pics of my GTS with "side pipes" lol...

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think of these? Borla "loudmouth" resonators:
SLP Loudmouth Resonators (Shotgun-Style, Pair) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

Jegs sells the Stinger:
Borla 40842S Borla ''S-Type'' Mufflers

I think my resonators on my performance muffler delete have seen better days. Like the muffler delete and think I'll just have the resonators changed.

Still looking for the Stingers on their site.:dunno:

As I have mentioned before, I have dual SLP Loudmouth I's on my Dodge truck. If you like loud, these are for you. There is NOTHING inside of the body, nothing. It is just a "tuning chamber" for sound. Nothing more.

Borla's sound great if used in a complete system and either just after the headers, or at the very end of the system. 2 stuck in the back with the tips on them would sound very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobbieOsborn