Anyone had heat or warping issues with clear bra on rocker panels?

Lanceromance

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car should be in my possession in a week or so. I know Im getting a clear bra for it Im just worried about any possible issues such as melting around hot areas or yellowing from the sun over time. I would appreciate all opinions as I've never even seen a clear bra before. Thanks in advance

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
35,000 miles and 4 years just getting a slight yellowing to the clear bra (ventureshield) on the side sills. The rest of the car is fine.

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the brand I have,Durashield,is not very good.I have had it on for almost 2 years and it seems to be getting a bit cloudy already.I have been super careful with it as far as washing,and have waxed it regularly.The only positive is it has protected my paint from chips.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I dont really recommend DuraShield. They are a smaller film company that hasnt been on the market too long. I have not heard anything good about their film yet... so I always recommend going with the bigger films on the market. VentureShield Ultra is what I install these days and prefer it to anything else out there. No orange peel, lifetime warranty, and it doesnt yellow. It is also owned by 3M... so you know they will be around a long time... in case there are any warranty issues down the road.

Rocker panels are a must on the Viper. I put it on my 04 first thing...