Anyone have a GTS with higher milage then me?

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks, i recently purchased a 1998 GTS with 52XXX miles(was 51XXX but i drove it from San Fran to Tucson AZ). Should i be looking out for anything in particular with this high of milage? Also, i paid 36500 for the car, how good of a deal do you guys think i got?

Travis

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Travis.

I've got 55,000 miles on my '97 GTS daily driver, but another member of the New England Region has >100,000 miles on his '96 GTS! Guess those blue 'n white ones just never give up.

The nice thing about our American exotic is that it's not all that exotic. Treat them well, change the Mobil 1 religously and go easy when it's cold (aluminum pieces don't appreciate WOT while warming up), and it should be fine.

I think the standard rule for used cars applies to Vipers as well. It's better to have lots of highway mileage than lots of stop 'n go mileage. A "young" Viper with high mileage usually means lots of highway miles ... usually. Has it seen much track time? Any SCCA stickers on it? :smirk:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I think you got a good price!

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great deal! How did you find it? I'm surprised there was one for sale here and I didn't hear about it.

And BTW, I have more miles than you

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 58K miles on mine - just had Maltby Motorsports (www.maltbymotorsports.com) do a deep maintenance cycle and inspection. The bottom end was fine, all the bearings were good, no significant wear anywhere. I get in about 10 track days per year in this car and am religeous about maintenance, so they do hold up if cared for.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950