Anyone have a pic of a Viper next to a Bandit Trans Am?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been searching for a pic of these two cars together. They are my two favorites and it'd make a great wallpaper. (I'm currently poor and can't afford either so this is the best I can do :rolleyes:)

Thanks

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Bandit Run 2011" just came through town and I got some great pics, but nothing with the Viper and a T/A. I drove it down there, but parked in a different parking lot because I didn't want to be "that guy" taking attention away from the main show. Even still, I ended up with a ton of people coming over to where I parked to look and ask questions. :)

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can get a picture of my blue or white trans am (1974) next to my 06 Coupe not a bandit but may suffice for you?:dunno:

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
I can get a picture of my blue or white trans am (1974) next to my 06 Coupe not a bandit but may suffice for you?:dunno:

Why not if you have the chance. It probably is the closest I'll get. Hopefully one day when hell freezes over and Satan becomes the lead angel maybe I can take the photo myself. :headbang:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Bandit Run 2011" just came through town and I got some great pics, but nothing with the Viper and a T/A. I drove it down there, but parked in a different parking lot because I didn't want to be "that guy" taking attention away from the main show. Even still, I ended up with a ton of people coming over to where I parked to look and ask questions. :)

Sounds like a cool event, what is the idea behind the Bandit Run and what kind of stuff happens?

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do have a 1979 Bandit Trans Am. This year, I intend to get shots of all my muscle cars together and will do a TA/Viper shot if you like. If you mean the Trans Am that Burt Reynolds drove in "Smokey and the Bandit" - well that is a 1977 Trans Am, which I did have but don't anymore. I believe they also did a 1978 "Bandit" tribute car which could also be called the Bandit Trans Am. Which year of TA specifically are you looking for your poster?

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why not if you have the chance. It probably is the closest I'll get. Hopefully one day when hell freezes over and Satan becomes the lead angel maybe I can take the photo myself. :headbang:

No problem, although I am in Canada at the moment on business. I'll be home next weekend I'll get something together for you.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem, although I am in Canada at the moment on business. I'll be home next weekend I'll get something together for you.

I'd love to see that too. The early Trans Ams are my fav. I am somewhat passively looking for a 1971-1973 SD 455 at the moment. Unfortunately these cars have been skyrocketing in price in the last 10 years.

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd love to see that too. The early Trans Ams are my fav. I am somewhat passively looking for a 1971-1973 SD 455 at the moment. Unfortunately these cars have been skyrocketing in price in the last 10 years.

The white one in the upcoming photos is a real 74 SD-455(my dads' baby), they only made them for 73 and 74 and you are right we purchased that car for 19K back in the late 90's to early 00's and it has quadrupled in value, although they are coming back down now.:(

OP
OP
O
Reaction score
I do have a 1979 Bandit Trans Am. This year, I intend to get shots of all my muscle cars together and will do a TA/Viper shot if you like. If you mean the Trans Am that Burt Reynolds drove in "Smokey and the Bandit" - well that is a 1977 Trans Am, which I did have but don't anymore. I believe they also did a 1978 "Bandit" tribute car which could also be called the Bandit Trans Am. Which year of TA specifically are you looking for your poster?

That would be cool if you have the time.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do detailing for the club here in NY. One of my clients has a Bandit. Ill see if I can put something together.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a cool event, what is the idea behind the Bandit Run and what kind of stuff happens?

I'm not sure what route they traveled. I just heard about it on the radio when they were in town.
It was probably 40 or so T/A's with a lot of "Bandits", but not all of them. They had a replica of Buford T Justice's police car, and even a guy who looked just damn like him. They also had a replica of the tractor trailer (full paint job down the side and everything).
They got into town one day and had a tour of the Cooper tire factory and then spent the night at a local hotel where they had a show with food and drinks. Very informal, but pretty cool to see.
They even had some kids from a local mechanics school that had a 350 on an engine stand. They tore it all the way down (pistons, rods, cam, etc) all out, and then put it back together (complete to the air filter) in something like 24 minutes. Pretty damn impressive to watch.

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are some I took right before the sun went down, I will get some better ones when I get a chance but hope this helps for now :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte