Anyone have hard shifting after the car gets warm.

v10sloboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car seems to get notchy after warming up and hard to shift at higher rpm. I currently have a archer racing carbon kevlar clutch. I am thinking that it is wearing out and that may be the problem any other ideas would be great. I have bleed the slave cylinder and it also has synthetic fluid in the tranny. The tranny was replaced 7000 miles ago under warr. So I know that it is fine. Thinking of replacing the clutch with a spec stage 3 or 2. What do you all think. I am running a roe blower with 10lb pulley and water ****, also a little nitrous. I just need to resolve the shifting problem first.

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My '95 shifts like a dream until I stuff my toe nails into the fan blades. All fluids are fresh and I installed a new B&M shifter. Same problem with both shifters. Realized that these trannys do not shift like the old Muncies. I remember an old post that said to shift these trannys like the shifter is made of glass. Off the throttle between shifts like a road racer. Definitely can't plant the foot to the floor and start banging gears. You will find the rev limiter every time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187