Anyone have this problem? Pics!

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like heat from exhaust pipes. Armorall should fix that.Don't get it on the tires or you'll have worse problems.
Max

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Problem fixed - new wheel wells!

Looks good.

Did the Viper Tech give you any indication as to why they turned white and did he offer any assurance that these won’t be white in a few months.

I’d consider swapping mine out as a project next winter but only if I had assurance that the new ones wouldn’t be white in a few months. I looked at archive pics of my car and saw that they were turning white after less than 5 months.

Let us know at the end of the summer how yours are. If they still look good, I’ll do mine in the winter.

OP
OP
V

Vipper Rich

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fort Lauderdale, FL (Winter) Saugatuck, MI (Summer

Looks good.

Did the Viper Tech give you any indication as to why they turned white and did he offer any assurance that these won’t be white in a few months.

I’d consider swapping mine out as a project next winter but only if I had assurance that the new ones wouldn’t be white in a few months. I looked at archive pics of my car and saw that they were turning white after less than 5 months.

Let us know at the end of the summer how yours are. If they still look good, I’ll do mine in the winter.

Well talked to Mike (mechanic) today and he said it was not the exhaust that turned them white. He said there is a good 4-6 inches of space between the exhaust and the wheel well and there’s a heat shield in place. So he believes that something was used to clean the wheel wells or something was put on the tires and that’s what did it. He also says lots of those products have acid in them.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Looks good.

Well talked to Mike (mechanic) today and he said it was not the exhaust that turned them white. He said there is a good 4-6 inches of space between the exhaust and the wheel well and there’s a heat shield in place. So he believes that something was used to clean the wheel wells or something was put on the tires and that’s what did it. He also says lots of those products have acid in them.

I didn't think it was exhaust either. That area doesn't even get really hot.

I can't speak for others, but I use NOTHING on my tires because I know what "sling" can do. I do wash my wells once a week but it's with car soap (same stuff folks use on the painted area).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang