Anyone here have a dead VCA region?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm just curious to see if anyone in here experiences a "boring" VCA region or none at all? My idea of a Viper meet is not to drive 3-4 hours to sit down at a restaurant to eat food and then go back home.

Just curious what you guys do to get your $$ worth and pump some blood through people? :laugh:

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like your group needs to add some track/autocross time to you events - make the event 2 or 3 days long and do more. The BEST WAY to have a great event is to plan one yourself! At least you will like it!!
I have made a lot of good friends in our club, the cars almost come second now!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>My idea of a Viper meet is not to drive 3-4 hours to sit down at a restaurant to eat food and then go back home.<<<

VCA-Germany is DEAD.

I left and joined the Switzerland region of the VCA.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I agree with the guy up nort', there's nothing stoping you from planning something local yourself - I did it for the delaware region for the same reason.

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ab

The key is getting involved. Ours is probably the youngest region in terms of existance, and every year we get more and more people helping out with events. Here is what we did this year.

February - Blossom Trail Cruise and Buttonwillow Viper Days
March - Thunderhill Viper Days
May - Greater Valley Concours D'Elegance
June - Yosemite Weekend
July - Blackhawk Museum Day Trip
August - Monterey Historic Races and Concourse
September - Central Coast Romantic Weekend
November - Buttonwillow Test and Tune Day
December - Holiday Party

The club is only as good as its members. Of course if your 3 or 4 hours from the main club I can see how you wouldn't get as much benefit.

Brad

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New York region doesn't do much racing. The Vette guys are always goint to the track(1/4 mile) and we can never get a bunch of guys to go.
Trips to the winery's and lunch doesn't do it for me either. They did have a cool cruise to Orange County Choppers though.
I'd rather show up at Englishtown with a bunch of Vipers just to show the Vette guys we can.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New York region doesn't do much racing. The Vette guys are always goint to the track(1/4 mile) and we can never get a bunch of guys to go.
Trips to the winery's and lunch doesn't do it for me either. They did have a cool cruise to Orange County Choppers though.
I'd rather show up at Englishtown with a bunch of Vipers just to show the Vette guys we can.

No difference on the upstate NY side either. Begged and pleaded the local owners to hit the local drag strip one friday evening for a test and tune. Two owners did show up, one with a Corvette the other with a Motorcycle. :confused: Although I did see one wispy cloud in the sky!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here in NJ. Dead pretty much. I am thinking of trying to get some people together for another exotic car meet as soon as the weather gets warm again. Get some of the Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, NSXs, and Vipers.

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355, I beg to differ regarding the NJ region. It may be quiet right now and for good reason since the weather is changing. However, if you're looking for driving events, have you been to NJ region Pocono events or any of the PDA events held at Pocono, Lime Rock and Watkins Glen? PDA runs a series of events from March through October. The Viper folks have also been invited to local Ferrari events. Haven't seen you at any NJ Viper region sponsored driving events. If you're not into driving events or racing and looking for shows, there are local shows in and around the area.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoosier Daddy.Join the Ontario VCA.Its a lot closer than NY.14 events.2 road/race drag events that I know of and one straight/show/drag event.various cruise/party etc.Molson Toronto Indy "parade laps" and paddock with cheap tickets.Miss bikini canada featuring vipers and viper drivers as judges.Rendezvous to Detroit.Highest percent of members from a region at the last voi.Dyno days,etc.Most in the Bufffalo area are members of Ontario.A lot closer than NY.They would love to do a cross border too. Bruce

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoosier Daddy.Join the Ontario VCA.Its a lot closer than NY.14 events.2 road/race drag events that I know of and one straight/show/drag event.various cruise/party etc.Molson Toronto Indy "parade laps" and paddock with cheap tickets.Miss bikini canada featuring vipers and viper drivers as judges.Rendezvous to Detroit.Highest percent of members from a region at the last voi.Dyno days,etc.Most in the Bufffalo area are members of Ontario.A lot closer than NY.They would love to do a cross border too. Bruce

I might change to Ontario if I renew at all this next year. New Jersey was pretty active so I joined them as I participated in many track events with them. I was just talking about the local Rochester contingent!!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here in NJ. Dead pretty much. I am thinking of trying to get some people together for another exotic car meet as soon as the weather gets warm again. Get some of the Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, NSXs, and Vipers.

I don't agree with F355, as MOTORMIKE said, PDA track times plus tech sessions, barbeques and car shows. The NJ chapter tries to cover all aspects of Viper ownership. The hard part is getting time off to attend all the events :) .

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My experience to date, after sending in my money months ago and still hearing nothing (aside from some great individual guys) is that the VCA has not got it together. I have been trying to buy the mag for several weeks and it's late at coming out. A coutesy note or call or email to new members would be appropriate just to let us know our money was rec'd and that at SOME point we will get our stuff. If they don't get better that will be the last 100.00 they see from me. Pretty disappointing considering the cool car.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NJ region has lost a bunch of members for this reason. Not everyone loves track events for several reasons (ex: just do not like track events, do not like the fact that you are not covered by your insurance company is something happens, etc.) and that is what most of the gatherings are like. We had Tator's in the spring and had the charity event in the summer. As for major non track events that is all I can remember. The gathering around the shore was a rain out pretty much with only a few cars so I would not count that one. This summer I was not around the club much because of this reason and hung out with the Ferrari Club and Lamborghini club. I am not pointing fingers but generally we are lacking compared to other region clubs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960