Anyone know how to transfer the warranty?

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my 01 ACr from the 1st owner and he told me that it is transferable to the second owner if under the time frame (which it is). I just need to know how to do it.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Call your local Dodge dealer, itusually costs $50 to transfer the warranty.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought my 01 ACr from the 1st owner and he told me that it is transferable to the second owner if under the time frame (which it is). I just need to know how to do it.

The person you bought the Viper from owns that contract and ONLY he can transfer it into you name! In his paper work for the service contract there will be a transfer form.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless you bought the car in Canada, then all it takes is a phonecall to Daimler Chrysler (phone number on Dodge website) and they'll be "kind enough" to cancel your warranty for you! "To discourage cross-border purchases" is what they told me. Since you have to pay extra for extra warranty and they refused to refund me the balance of the value of warranty left, I think it's just another scam to steal your money.

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and i think there is a time period where he has to do it or it cant be transfered over. do it NOW !!!

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to the lovely Daimler Chrysler Rep I spoke to (read, rude *****) the original owner of the warranty has 30 days to transfer the warranty to you. Your best bet is to go, with the orig. owner, to your local Dodge dealer and have them do it all right in front of you. Make copies and get signed receipts.

After I sold my old GTS, I made the mistake of trusting some grease ball at my local dealer to complete the process and I ended up getting a big ******! I didnt make any copies or get a receipt...stupid me! Needless to say the guy I sold the car to was not very happy. I complained to DC Support and was hung up on!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah, I think Daimler changed everything when they bought. Old Direct Connection and Mopar Performance parts mostly got dumped and deleted. Support for older models was dropped. Mopar Performance parts for newer cars had a huge price increase making it cheaper to buy aftermarket parts. Head Porting and parts interchange got deleted from the MP Racing manuals. With Daimler US dollar goes to hell and Canadians get charged same old 30% mark up. US customers didn't get a 30% discount, doesn't seem very fair to me.

We'll have to see what new policies the new owners come up with. Help out loyal Dodge customers or just take our money? Daimler at least helped out the VCA, although they seem to be the least supportive factory race programs. New owners - better aptitude or worse? We're waiting to see.

Been a Mopar man since the 70's. Now Chryslers aren't the best powertrain, they're different. GM made history with the worst V8, V6 and also built the worst trannies and differentials. Now a chev is as good as a Dodge, but no V10.

What to do? I'll be keeping my Viper, even with it's cancelled warranty, but when I asked the dealer about my VCA Dealer invoice plus $25. deal on a new pick-up ... no call back. Wife's looking at a Ford. Waiting on VOI info, I expect that will show companies new aptitude, or not.

Ted

OP
OP

70chall440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately the seller is in CA and I am in WA so I am going to have to rely on him to do it. I sent him an email but have not heard back. Hoefully this will work out.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just remember, you literally have 30 days from the time of sale. Press him hard and insist this gets done ASAP. Make sure he makes copies and have documentation that it was done so my story doesn't repeat for you!