Anyone notice, no wrecked ACR'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thought is the guys and one girl I know of bought the car to track it and
can handle what the car offers. Not a car for the average Joe the plumber.(lol):D JMHO

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully it will stay this way! Vipers are truly amazing, and it would behoove all new road course drivers to participate in a series like Viper Days to learn more about the capabilities of their car(s). What you learn on the track not only transfers to the street with respect to car handling, but now I find that I scan ahead much further (i.e., a helpful track practice), when driving on the street as well.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found 2 wrecked ACR's online. One actually has the wreck on video. Looked pretty serious too.

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my case I bought 2 ACR's so I could track both and feel more comfortable pushing the SRT-4 ACR to the limit whereas I will grow into the Viper ACR, but still expect them both to get plenty of track time.

vipernut94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my case I bought 2 ACR's so I could track both and feel more comfortable pushing the SRT-4 ACR to the limit whereas I will grow into the Viper ACR, but still expect them both to get plenty of track time.
Hi David,

I saw your graphite ACR. What is the color of your other ACR? And, any additional comments on the graphite, now that you have had a chance to drive it, and see it out in the light? I still can't get over how good it looks!

Scott

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw one smack some tires, turn 4, Virginia International Raceway a couple months back... Guy just got it.

I dont think the implied correlation (ACR buyers = Better Viper Drivers) is that strong compared to other viper buyers. Maybe a little better...

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the best drivers crash their cars, case in point - F1, especially Masa in the rain. :eater: Unfortunately, if you drive the car hard, no matter how good you are, not matter road or track, dry or wet, the chances of crashing becomes higher.

I still remember what my high school driver's ed teacher told the class... treat every trip as your only trip, it is the current driving task that you need to concentrate on. Have fun but be safe everyone...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping the majority of wrecked ACRs will be track wrecked and not street wrecked. Hopefully the Viper's infamous reputation has put some sense into a few more folks' heads these days and they won't go stomping on it as they leave the dealership.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid is as stupid does...those that have a tendency to do stupid things will continue to do so regardless of the type of car they drive. Give it time and you will see them show up here.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe ALOT of the wrecks had to do with the colder weather (ACR were not available last winter).Last week i had my 08 out in 40 degree temps at night and the car was ALL over the road (could not come near the powerband without the jumping out )

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they do not crash easy, because of the $45k aero wing and splitter. That is why the prices for those are so high.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and by the way Wanted no one is going to get there before me and thats a fact!

Jamie if someone steps up and has the
balls to let me make their car the FIRST
10.XX I plan to prove you wrong. Jamie
I do respect you BUT I HAVE NO DOUBT
I CAN BEAT YOU, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAR SANTA PLEASE MAKE A 2008/2009
VIPER AVAILABLE FOR ME TO PROVE MY
POINT. :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive:

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I have plenty of doubt! Prove me wrong!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would anyone drag race an ACR? I don't get it???

Other than for an occasional just-for-fun get together with the gang, I can't understand it either. If I were a dragger I'd just get the SRT and mod it. But I gotta admit, my buddy Andy is a dragger and I'm dang glad he got an ACR cause cruising the streets looking at that all night is the best.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Step up and buy your own viper, Dude.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its is VERY TOUGH to get a bone stock -stock tired Gen 4 Viper in the 10s .The facts speak for themselves as the car has been out for over a year and it still has not been done.Some of the best STOCK RADIAL drivers in the COUNTRY have tried (Jamie Furman ,Evan Smith)TO NO AVAIL.I am not saying it can not be done(track ,air quality ,driver have to be right on ) BUT i hear people rattling off numbers like it not a problem.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A note to all. This thread has been edited by request to clean up some issues that might prove problematic to one of our members from an insurance perspective. I think everyone will get the drift of what i'm saying. Way too much identification of an owner which would start showing up in google. Let's refrain from mentioning anyone by name, and yes I know I was right in the middle of it, that's one of the reasons I thought I should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte