Anyone recognize this hood and widebody?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anton, search ViperX10 here and on the web to find more info. Terry Rosi build it from an '03 vert. Stock motor, ton's of CF, LMP rear wing. 3K weight. He took it back to France and sold it. He has all the molds and was considering building another. Built for function, faster than an ACR-X at a fast track like Willow Springs (video) with a stock '03 motor

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PeterMJ we get it, it performs and does what its suppose to do very well. Understand though people are looking at it cosmetically, and you have to agree it is awkward from a design point of view. Nothing against performance minded individuals intended.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
awesome track car
one hot lap in that beast and those complaining about the looks will change their tune real quick

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PeterMJ we get it, it performs and does what its suppose to do very well. Understand though people are looking at it cosmetically, and you have to agree it is awkward from a design point of view. Nothing against performance minded individuals intended.
There is only one way to really get it-by doing this stuff yourself. Try to design and then manufacture your own idea to get a different perspective. I do not see too many people around here knocking this stuff out making it pleasing to the eye and functional at the same time. This guy created a 3k lbs Viper, a mind boggling accomplishment. And no, this is not about design, this is about aesthetics of the track car design.

And check this out, these guys apparently borrowed a few design cues from Rossi and charge big bucks for something that looks considerably worse than this car.

You must be registered for see images

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this on Flickr. Looks a little better with the crosshairs.

--RS

You must be registered for see images

I love the widebody look....very much reminds me of an SRT Black Series. Anybody who watches the video will be a believer in the cars on track performance. Forms follows function.....looks are going to be a personal thing.

I hope Mr. Rossi starts pumping these things out, I would love to get my hands on one of these.

Cheers,
George