anyone use viper as daily driver WITH BACK PROBLEMS??

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent thirty years bent over a guitar when I wasn't falling off of horses, motorcycles and anything else that caught my fancy. In between I made time for three rear-ender accidents, one was a Mercedes S Class punching my Ninja out from under me as I somersaulted off of the windshield. Needless to say I have a few lower back issues.

I found the Viper as comfortable as any other sports car and far more forgiving than some. My GTS had cut springs and aero mods which stiffened the ride considerably but no problems for the period I did use it daily. Tire, brake and mechanical duty preparing for a track weekend were far more fatiguing to my back than driving.

I found going to the gym to build the supporting musculature and connective tissues did wonders for my back. And the stamina you build up will serve you well on the track or off. Once you get over the hill it's going to hurt a little every once and awhile anyway, it might as well be for all the right reasons;)!

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've injured my back through a high speed head-on motor bike crash (very spectacular, car pulled out in front of me and I pretty much cut the car in half, well got two thirds of the way through it!) Anyway, I have suffered increased back ache from car seats, but not the Vipers. I have fitted a three point harness to stop me from sliding around too much in the seat. Otherwise have driven with out stopping (only for fuel) for over 3 hours, and no back ache. (Just go steady putting the hand brake on, can twinge back!) Vipers do give you excellent lumbar / back support...if you like a lot of firm back support, it can easily be increased by stepping harder on the gas pedal, (besides pumping the little internal lumber air cushion in the seat with the hand pump, located under the seat)!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get flak about this, but I had a 84 Black Pinto that a Monte Carlo decided to run through a stop sign and smack.
Hit me right in the driver's door ( had my seat belt on ) , totaled the car, and caused me to have problems with my back to this day. I have three vertebrae stacked at angles, lost 1.5 inches in height, but can drive the Viper for hrs. on end with no problems. Have done as many as 6 sessions, in one day, at Viper Days, and have had no problems. In other words, I find my Viper to be the best Chiropractor available - go for it!!!!

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pinto, huh, Bill? At least you weren't blown up, right? Come to think of it - if Ford rode that one out, maybe there's a future for Firestone?

Regarding, back problems - I also suffered a spinal injury a number of years ago. Not as serious as many, but enough to cause some permanent nerve damage. No problems driving the Dodge, though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4