Anyone want to put a drag race event together in FL or TX soon?

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things are getting a little boring in the Viper world. I think it's time we got a little drag race action happening. Any interest? Lets see what can be done, I'm ready to do some traveling.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Jason wants to kick some butt and is willing to deliver it long distance
smile.gif

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOOOOD GOD! That's what I'm talking about. Not looking for anyone in particular, I just want to have some good clean fun. By no means do I think we are the fastest, there are plenty of guys that could hand us our *** on a platter but I think we can hold our own. So who's in? I'm assuming that the weather is better in Florida right now that in Texas so that would be the location of choice for me.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason's being modest guys. He just ran an 11.38 on a stock Viper (drag radials and roller rockers) last friday at MIR. I believe this sets another world record (please confirm).

I think he's ready to take this action on the road. Any takers?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather is perfect in Fl. now (cool nights). Also forecast is good for up coming weeks. 1st time in Fl. next time in Texas. Sound like a good way to break up the boredom of up coming winter! Count me in!
BURNOUT.gif
Ward

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all in for a Florida Gig. If this is the decision, let me know and I will help arrange hotel information and set up something with one of our local tracks(Desoto or Orlando) who is not as stringent on technical rules.

One request, make sure that Big boy Gary A, brings a helmet as he is a locked on target! LOL

Please feel free to contatct me at 352-690-9600 should this event be scheduled for a Florida location with your interest.

Looking forward to the FUN!!

Tom

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I can't wait. Tom, you talk the talk, I hope you can walk the walk.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
He just ran an 11.38 on a stock Viper (drag radials and roller rockers)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All this on a stock Viper, then they list the mods. At what mod level does stock not come into play. At VOI I only had a Borla catback but that was enough to remove me from the STOCK Class.
confused.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:
All this on a stock Viper, then they list the mods. At what mod level does stock not come into play. At VOI I only had a Borla catback but that was enough to remove me from the STOCK Class.
confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:
confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At VOI I think they allowed the stock Vipers to run on drag radials as I recall (I may be wrong about that). While the car is technically not 100% stock, you still have to admit that's an incredible time for a car with it's only modification being roller rockers.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am for TX or FL, does Florida have a Viper friendly track? I would love to put another one on here in TEXAS--RiverCity Raceway. Another reason to have it here is because we have the 4 quickest Vipers in the world all within 20 miles of one another, But I know if someone will put on an event in Florida (which I would be happy to help with) they will all travel. 2002 VIPER WINTER NATIONALS!
Where ever it is count TEAM TEXAS in!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
At VOI I think they allowed the stock Vipers to run on drag radials as I recall (I may be wrong about that)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your wrong. the stock class and Mod I had to have DOT tires (even though some of the drag radials were DOT approved).

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas
Texas
Texas
Texas
Texas
Texas
River City
and then Florida. Our Weather will hold for another month to 45 day's where as we can do Florida once our weather *****, the next time.
cool.gif
cool.gif

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 96 R/T 10:
At VOI I think they allowed the stock Vipers to run on drag radials as I recall (I may be wrong about that)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your wrong. the stock class and Mod I had to have DOT tires (even though some of the drag radials were DOT approved).

I know for a fact that MOD I was allowed to use drag radials. This was a last minute change.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaryA:
I know for a fact that MOD I was allowed to use drag radials. This was a last minute change.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were 3 cars in mod I with non-true radials, and yes it was an at the track change that I was not happy with. Just ask Prashant. I asked and asked and said ahead of time to the folks in charge that this would be a problem. Even after they clarified the rules some still showed up with illegal tires. What qualified #one by several tenths: stock Michelins
smile.gif

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
confused.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO! I was just gonna post that!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent copy of link to Desoto 1/4 mile dragstrip. This is their response: Thanks for the link. We are always open to special events. Let me know if we can be of any help. Orlando also has 1/4 mile dragstrip with plenty to do before and after racing.... Disney, Sea world, Universal, Animal Kingdom, Epcot MGM .... VOI 7 ... Drags
BURNOUT.gif
completed
Ward

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, who would be willing to travel to Florida? The only problem with Texas for me is that it's over 30 hours away. If there's enough guys who will come to Florida I can get the ball rolling.

Walt McFarland

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason;

I would like to benchmark the car, but getting away is tough in my business. We'll see. I could make the car available.

If you and the wife can find a free day or two, I'll loan you the condo at Tybee Island which is outside Savannah--on your way to or from Florida. A couple of days on the beach before parenthood may be just what you need my friend. Let me know.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Desoto dragstrip in Bradenton, FL is a very Viper Friendly facility. No tech inspections are ever done. Email or call me for any information.

Thanks again,

Tom
352-690-9600

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang