Are these the front and rear tow hooks? (pics)

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nowhere in the manual or service manual could I find this information and even asking some people weren't sure.

The holes I see are oblong areas in which to attack a tow hook or winch in the event you need to pull the car out of a ditch or onto a flatbed.

Rear from driver back tire (see upper right)
picture.php

I see one on BOTH sides of the car in the back.

Front from Driver side
picture.php

I see one on Both sides in the front.

Sorry if this seems "basic" or silly to ask, but I really want to be sure.:confused:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these are the points to tie down the car when trailering I would NOT suggest pulling the car from these points as it WILL damage your fascia even when using these points for tie down you have to be careful of the angle of the straps that they don't rub the bottom of the fascia

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these are the points to tie down the car when trailering I would NOT suggest pulling the car from these points as it WILL damage your fascia even when using these points for tie down you have to be careful of the angle of the straps that they don't rub the bottom of the fascia

Ok, where do you Hook onto to pull the car onto a flatbed?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So without a mod this car cannot be safely pulled? Doesn't seem right.

I suggest contacting Mark Jorgenson http://forums.viperclub.org/vendor-review-woodhouse-dodge/ He will be able to tell you exactly what you want to know.

The front bumper cover is flexible, so "probably" there will not be any damage. However, the points that are available to hook on to will result in the strap coming out below the bumper cover, and then up to the winch on the raised front of the truck's tilt bed, putting vertical forces on the bumper cover.

I also suggest carrying a front tow hook and a socket wrench to install it. It only takes 5 minutes to undo 2 nuts and install it.

I'd suggest one of these type tow hooks: PartsRack.com . Just carry the front tow hook.
They have two mounting points to distribute the load and look like they would handle side loads better than the ones linked in a previous post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang