Are you looking to buy this E-bay Viper in MA?

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MODERATOR EDIT: Links to non site supporting vendors are not permitted on the forums.

Let me know, I just took it for a ride….

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bid at 17K is 7K above what I would offer that pile of garbage. The front fascia is way off kilter and that is one heck of a curb rash on the front passenger rim. Do your best as a car mag writer and give us a description of your test drive.

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 96 RT/10. What did the vehicle history say? Are there any Maintanance records from other owner(s)? Does it have a hard or soft top. How old are the tires? Was the head recall done? How did it seem when you drove it? Feel, Sound? It does look like there may have been some damage in the past, if so where and who fixed it? If you can verify the car has been properly taken care of and properly repaired if it was damaged and does not need any major stuff I think it is a good price. If you have to put 5-6K into it it isn't.
Mark

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How was the nice salty ride? Who lets someone test drive a Viper in the middle of winter with all that salt and sand out there?

OP
OP
daveg

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So since the link was removed (sorry Mr Moderator) it’s a White / Blue RT/10 with a salvage title on flea-bay in Mass..

The car is 10 minutes from my work and I saw it on ebay and since I own a 96 B/W, I figured why not buy an RT/10 that I didn’t care what happens to it especially on our “Goat Path Roads” here in MA.

When I went to see the car I immediately noticed I wasn’t looking at a car that was just “Vandalized”. The panel fit looked like a 53 Corvette (I’m a vette owner as well).. The hood and the fascia looked like it was put back together by a 6th grader. The car has major damage to the front end… In talking with the guy selling it, I asked him how it tracked. He told me “It’s a typical American car that wonders all over the place on the Highway”

I started laughing and told him I own a 96 GTS and my car is flawless well over 100 mph .

I decided to take it for a ride anyways… Well, going down the road straight, the steering wheel was in the position like I was taking a hard left hand turn, he was right, it wondered more than a prostitutes Finger…
not to mention how much the hood bounced and rattled...

When I returned, I thanked him for saving me 17 grand…
If you are looking at this car, please reconsider!!!! The owner was Nice but the car (unfortunately) is junk..

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
daveq, thanks for telling us all about this car. I too have a 96 and was considering giving this car a look since it's in MA. No need now. BTW, are in or have you been in the club? The New England region is very active if you haven't noticed.

OP
OP
daveg

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
daveq, thanks for telling us all about this car. I too have a 96 and was considering giving this car a look since it's in MA. No need now. BTW, are in or have you been in the club? The New England region is very active if you haven't noticed.
Hi WOT, I have been a member since 2006 but I didn’t have a car at the time. I was going to buy one but found it hard to justify it back then… Well I finally purchased one back in July. The only other Viper owner I have met is KNGSNK down at Patriots place car show last summer, other than that. I have not hooked up with anyone…
No, I have no idea how big or any other information about the NE Chapter. Do tell……
BTW, the Car on E-bay went for $19,100
David.

PS, I am not in the club and never have been...

Last edited: