attn canadian viper importers

dreamcar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hello all.i recently bought a 96 gts off of ebay and brought it into canada in nov/09.i have a problem getting the daytime running lights working.i found the plug in the wiring harness and mounted a new module but i cant get it to work.does anyone have any suggestions?thanks.

V

Venomiss

hello all.i recently bought a 96 gts off of ebay and brought it into canada in nov/09.i have a problem getting the daytime running lights working.i found the plug in the wiring harness and mounted a new module but i cant get it to work.does anyone have any suggestions?thanks.

This was one of the threads when I plugged in daytime running lights in the search.

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/614969-daytime-running-lights-question.html

There are more pages of threads I did not go through but if this thread can't help give it a try.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dreamcar, use a 4" piece of 14ga insulated wire and run it from a 'key-on' connection in the PCM/Power Control Module to the 'activate' terminal of your foglamp relay also located in the PCM. Took me 20 minutes to figure out on my 98GTS and took me a little longer for my 2001 GTS because there is no 'key-on' fuses in the newer years.

I wrote out more percise directions and pictures which is in the Illustrated Upgrades (members Only) and one of the things I got insulted for on the Alley was the DIY help article I wrote for that site. Viper Alley really didn't like anyone being helpful and I quit. Don't know if the DIY instructions are still there. Join the VCA in your area and ask a Moderator to help you get access to the Illust. Upgrades and pics.

Ted

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the emergency brake off? I did the same thing, thought they were not working, chased for faults and found the emergency handle needed to be fully disengaged. You may have already thought of this but just in case....

Mine just needed the module plugged in and they worked.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome on behalf of the Canadian VCA....:yay:

Yes, e brake off and the car MUST BE IN GEAR! If not, the light will stay off. Get someone to watch the front as you put it in gear and start to let the clutch out. I bet they go on! :)

When I did mine, I got a module out of a wrecked Neon and plugged it in and that was it! Worked right off the bat!

Also, where are you in Canada?

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why bother?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I presume it is for the Crappy Tire inspection but I thought that needed to be done within a few weeks of importation....

If not, yeah not really needed. Chances are they are not looking at your running lights to begin with! ;)

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you have 45 days to get the Canadian Tire inspection done, but you can also get an extension. There are certain things that need to be done to US cars to pass safety standards in Canada. Daytime running lights, child restraints and Air Bags are a few. If the car is 15 years or older, no need for an inspection.

Here is the Registrar of imported vehicles website. Registrar of Imported Vehicles

Good luck getting them working, and let us know where you're from.

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ya mine was way past the 45 days now i got a pay another 300 $ that i allready payed at the border lol But mine we just took the little black box of my buddys and plugged it in worked great than i gave it back i dont like daytime running lights lol!

wkdviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I went to the dealership and for $300 they put in an aftermarket module and did a GREAT job with the wiring. Had them hookup the fog lights asthe DRL's. Took about 1 hr.

Cheers
Steve

rt/10stew

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had mine installed in Oct. 07 it cost just over $300. The module part# is 08-035-031 and it cost $191.40. they attached it to the cross member on the passenger side. If you need pics let me know.

Stew

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to save y'all a bit of money, that DRL is the same as a older Neon! (Someone please confirm EXACT years...I know on the later ones the PN is different.) You can get one from a junk yard for $10 and it takes 2 min to install.

If you are not handy though, best to see a dealer to prevent any screw ups! :2tu:

OP
OP
D

dreamcar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks everyone for your replies.i haven't checked back on this thread in awhile.i have been busy going through the car and changing all the fluids etc so i haven't got to the dtrl problem yet.i'm in kelowna bc.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
piece of wire and 10 minutes. I did buy an aftermarket module from Cdn Tire and use the Shop wiring diagrams and wired it into my first US Stealth TT. Took hours to hook up the 8 (/) wires. Next 3 cars I ran a 'keyed' wired to the fog lamp relay activation wire. Turn on key and foglamps/DRL come on. I installed HIds into both high and low beams.

Ted

GTS370

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nothing to add but the module as others have posted.Neon, mini van etc.
The plug in is capped on the passenger side front frame.
No extra wires needed. The module is $110 new.
Make sure in gear and e-brake completely released.

I have done this several times.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I bought my first US Stealth I bought the Cdn Tire DRL module and hooked it up to the car's foglamps (hideaway headlights) and the module cost $25.

Took about 2 hours to hook it up.

Ted

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing to add but the module as others have posted.Neon, mini van etc.
The plug in is capped on the passenger side front frame.
No extra wires needed. The module is $110 new.
Make sure in gear and e-brake completely released.

I have done this several times.

Welcome on behalf of the Ontario VCA! :yay:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery