ATTN:John H.-Beware of that White Supra!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never meet the guy,believe its"Marko"with the white supra,thought it was a celica @ first.Saw him run @ Great lakes Dragway today,noted as a average/slow track.clocks on,he ran 10.30@130 eyes closed,without sneezing.I don't think he floored the car untill 60ft.I would like to see a viper brother beat him.Maybe he'll race "Sir Hiss".

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOOOFST:
I would like to see a viper brother beat him.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John H. is old news. Doug Levin has the bad cars now. He hit more then 150 on the traps, thats 20mph more then the Supra.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Supra went 9.83 @ 141 MPH last year, he was ~150 RWHP lower last year. They have since rebuilt the motor (it was a stock motor before). Very quick car. I believe this is the first time they have run it since the rebuild. The car did ~785 RWHP with an automatic tranny (built factory unit), but they must be breaking it in.

The reason he mentioned John H. is because John H. and Marko are supposed to race a standing mile. Should be fun.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THEMASH:
John H. is old news. Doug Levin has the bad cars now. He hit more then 150 on the traps, thats 20mph more then the Supra.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope Levin is coming to our little get together in October. I would like to check out some of his cars in action. Whats the ET at 150?

OP
OP
T

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Supra was truely impressive,and quiet,little tires,and went very straight.Looked like he had another second in it!Yikes.On the other hand,i'll keep the snake,like Andre Agassie says"Image is everything"When I came to the line and Purged through the hood grills,Chuck 97 GTS said" the crowd stood and cheered".Only hit the nos going into 3rd/4th,was unsure of the tire spin with 150 shot.Came out to low rpm and bogged,choked with the roe computer set to rich.Ran an 12:[email protected],Lane 2(Issac's 97 GTS)ran 12:43 @115.We both blew the 60ft.Then it rained game over!Next week to Byron Dragway and then Viper Nats!

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOOOFST:
When I came to the line and Purged through the hood grills,Chuck 97 GTS said" the crowd stood and cheered".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That they did, my friend. Just to clarify, Marko ran a 10.8 at 130, not 10.3. Still a very impressive run. Too bad we got rained out.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12.4.... ouch! I was waiting for an 11 post from you. Chuck, did you run with your new exhaust? Scott, your trap speed was good. Looks like with a good hook up you'll have no problems with 11's. Where did you put the NOS button? I can see why you waited for 3rd to hit it......

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Marko wouldn't have a chance racing Sir Hiss. The Hisser is doing 7sec 1/4 passes. Doug would kill Marko in my opinion.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, I rode up with Isaac. I'd rather run at Byron; I don't really care for 'Da Grove'. Glad I didn't take the car - Scott and Isaac only got 1 run and then it poured.
frown.gif

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
Marko wouldn't have a chance racing Sir Hiss. The Hisser is doing 7sec 1/4 passes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Captain Obvious! I think Scott was being facetious...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
Doug would kill Marko in my opinion.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't count your chickens just yet. Believe me, I'm a fan of Doug. His cars make huge power and run big MPH. But, please correct me if I'm wrong, he hasn't hit the 9's yet. Marko has. Not trying to start a flame war, just stating the facts as I know them. I would LOVE to see Doug in the 9's soon.

bounce.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck 97 GTS said" the crowd stood and cheered".
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He would know since that's probably where he was sitting, as always, in the crowd. Hey Chuck, did you take the queen or leave her in the garage?

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
He would know since that's probably where he was sitting, as always, in the crowd. Hey Chuck, did you take the queen or leave her in the garage?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course that's were I was sitting. I was tired from my weekend of messing with Diablo's and taking the wood to some sport bikes on the highway. Where were you O.C., eating chicken wings?? Why don'tcha go plop back down on the couch and watch a test pattern or something.