Autocross times?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Were the autocross times posted anywhere or is there a way to find out your times? I was too excited the first run to look at my time, and the second time there was a group standing in front of the display. I would have asked there - but the person running the computer looked pretty busy entering in the driver info.

PS - Had a ball doing this - but I must admit that I was very, very, very tempted to do a REAL donut on the Viper donut portion and light up the tires in a ball of smoke!

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I could never see my times on the display, so I walked over afterwards and looked over her shoulder to get my times. I'd be interested in the results also.

HOWEVER, as they weren't recording which cars were on racing tires, the times were pretty much meaningless - Hoosier R series were easily worth 1 full second or probably as much as 3 seconds' advantage on that course.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw both mine. 51 and change. I heard on the radio I was sixth after the first round. 50 and change on the second.

I saw someone run a 46 in a blue/white Gen 3! :eek:

They said they where going to post them on this site.....

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw both mine. 51 and change. I heard on the radio I was sixth after the first round. 50 and change on the second.
50.6 and 50.4 for me, and I was 10th in my group before the second half of our group ran. Of the 9 above me, I know 4 were running on racing tires, and 1 was not (I didn't remember/know the other 4). So, the times are going to be largely meaningless without equipment context; i.e. SCCA classes could have been one method.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a 49 and change with my stock '02 FE GTS. This was my 1st time auto crossing. Had a fun time!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I ran a 50.0 something with my Beast on street tires. Traction in such tight quarters was interesting to say the least.

I was also temped to light them in that circle, but didn't.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran a 49 and change with my stock '02 FE GTS. This was my 1st time auto crossing. Had a fun time!
Sounds like they may have changed the course slightly between run groups, then, which puts a further variable into the timing.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I saw someone run a 46 in a blue/white Gen 3! :eek:

They said they where going to post them on this site.....

That was me! Lucky drive in a sweet car. First time autocrossing my Viper.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I believe all the winning times were in the 45 second range in stock Vipers with just sticky DOT Rubber. The winners I remember were Dale Nafsinger, Tom Atherton, and Ron Adee------ all accomplished drivers , Viper Days participants in the past or currently. Two were Illinois Region Members ( Dale and Ron) , whereas Tom is a Kansas/Oklahoma Region member.

Congrats to these guys and it seemed a really good time in a stock car with run flats was in the 47s.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
48s, all in the loaner coupes as I didn't take a car to VOI.

A 49+ in my bud's '01 RT/10, which he let me drive a couple of sessions.

Great auto X course. Big!

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe all the winning times were in the 45 second range in stock Vipers with just sticky DOT Rubber.
Oh, btw: I know of at least two people that got in the low 40's by not doing the loop, and no-one recorded the fact they didn't do the full course. Again, the numbers are going to be meaningless. :cool:

LittleFish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran several mid 47s - stock car and stock tires. The tires worked ok when warm but when I got them hot, I was out of control! It was a fun course.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Our group had track day on Wednesday. Drag racing to big track to SRT cars to go karts and last to Auto-X. By then we were a bit over heated and beat but the Vipers kept their cool, didn't over heat, and ran well.

After we ran the auto-x the timer told me the winning time was 45.2. A blue/white GTS in our group got a 45.9 and most were in the high 48 to 52+ range

Went back out to the track Thursday am and saw some pretty competitive Vipers and drivers before lunch. did not notice any change in the track but it stuck better Thursday mid morning than it did on Wednesday late afternoon. most times were between 45 to 49 seconds. I saw a Viper with Hoosier R6 tires run a 49 and saw a modified SRT-10 with Hoosiers and 17" SRT rims run a lot of 43's (heard he got into 42's). Those were the only ones I noticed that had track tires.

There were several Vipers with new Sport Cup tires and ps2 tires. Couple had MXX3 and early Sports. No XGT's though :eek:

That blue/white 97 from wednesday ran 44.5 then 43.8 then 43.6 then 43.4 - all clean- and then figured they had to drive home on those tires and took off to watch the drags and big track.

The big circle was kind of fun. :cool:

I believe all the winning times were in the 45 second range in stock Vipers with just sticky DOT Rubber. The winners I remember were Dale Nafsinger, Tom Atherton, and Ron Adee------ all accomplished drivers , Viper Days participants in the past or currently. Two were Illinois Region Members ( Dale and Ron) , whereas Tom is a Kansas/Oklahoma Region member.

Congrats to these guys and it seemed a really good time in a stock car with run flats was in the 47s.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill-

I placed second at the event. I was running on stock run flat rubber. First time autocrossing the car. South Florida Region member. You have to remember me...you sold me my car!

-C