Autoform fixed the problem

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short:
I got a call from Steve this morning and he is going to send me a check for the cost of re-painting my part. He even offered a full refund, but I want the part. After about a 15 minute conversation, I think we both learned something. I learned something about these smaller operations (they really work hard making custom parts for us), and I think he learned something about customer service (communicate with us). Enough said.

You can order from them with confidence, he made my situation right, bottom line.

:usa:

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great ending!! hopefully there will be several posts to this thread so as many people see the good ending as did the bad begining. i.e. so autoforms rep isn't damaged.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short:
I got a call from Steve this morning and he is going to send me a check for the cost of re-painting my part. He even offered a full refund, but I want the part. After about a 15 minute conversation, I think we both learned something. I learned something about these smaller operations (they really work hard making custom parts for us), and I think he learned something about customer service (communicate with us). Enough said.

You can order from them with confidence, he made my situation right, bottom line.

:usa:

Do you want me to combine this thread with the other one so the story is all in one place?

OP
OP
B

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just figured more people would read a new post as opposed to scrolling through 4 pages of an old one. It's up to you - whatever you think will give it the most exposure.

O:usa:

Last edited:

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear that your problem was addressed. In my line of business I work with customers who make purchased in excess of 20 million down to purchases in the hundreds of dollars. The one thing that I have learned is over communicating is key regardless of the size of the purchase. I know that as a consumer I like/expect to see some sort of order confirmation letting me know that everything was addressed then followed up by some sort of tracking info. This is simple and lets me know that my transaction is complete and when to prepare for delivery. I know that an $800 may seem like nothing to a business but to the buyer it could be the key item holding up a crucial install/deployment.

Putting a customer off just because you feel that the amount they spent isn’t worth the amount of questions they are asking isn’t good business. I'm not stating that this was the case with the aforementioned party, merely making a statement. No question is too small to not return and email or phone call from a customer even if it’s to deliver bad news.

Chris