Az Club: Barrett Jackson Report

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Vipers were at Barrett Jackson today. Lots of action with so many cars at "no reserve" and being sold -- some for big bucks.

Huge Viper crowd for lunch (100+) with special guest appearance by John Fernandez to update us on the Dodge Motorsports world of racing added to the fun. Viper Friends from Canada, Wyoming, Ohio, California, New Mexico, Nevada, and New Jersey joined up with us for this annual new year kick-off event. Door prizes and cool Viper merchandise wrapped things up.

65parkinglot2.jpg

Some interesting "Viper" items:

a V-10 Viper powered plum crazy Challenger:
65challenger.jpg
65challenger2.jpg

And then a 1928 FORD street rod powered by a crate engine Viper V-10 with a 727 trans. Not much car and all motor!
65roadster.jpg
65roadster2.jpg

The Yellow 650r that made the cover of Motor Trend was in the lot with some side sill damage. :confused:
65hms650r2.jpg

Example: Callaway had 4 custom corvettes on the auction block: The "Sledgehammer", C7-r, etc. One guy ended up buying all 4 of the cars shelling out over $800k for them when it was all calculated.
:shocked:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you able to get any of the media or the tv announcers to your lunch? Great way to get exposure . . .

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who had the black GTS with the cognac interior and the wing? Gorgeous...

You must be registered for see images

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

That was Shane's car- he's a fairly new AZ member. I had lunch with him and his girlfriend Heidi, where I told him about this board. He said he would drop in for a look so maybe he will chime in.

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes, that is Shane's. He goes by Hockeysnake on this board.

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
No media people crashed the lunch that I’m aware of. The SPEED people were very occupied, but I did get a pic with one. Our group presence was known by many. The Viper Corral attracted attention all day. Besides, don’t want to leak any of the Viper scoop to them in an untimely way. ;)

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv, I saw part of the show on Speed, man they were spending some tall cash! Was there another West Coast Gold Rush we don't know about??

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mary -- Maybe the Viper folks should spill the scoop to the SPEED folks that Vipers are worth more than they went for at the auction. Their comments were ignorant. Hosting them would have been a great way to get some informed national exposure. I thought you had offered to do it in another thread.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mary --

Here's your quote from the other thread: "Maybe we should invite them to our Viper lunch that's on-site at Barrett this weekend and educate 'em. We've got about 110 Viper owners so far that can each give them some instruction." I thought it was a good idea in the context of the discussion on that thread. I guess you changed your mind. . .??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten