B&B 1-3/4" Primaries 5 into 1, NO cats, + what?

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
B&B 1-3/4\" Primaries 5 into 1, NO cats, + what?

Good Evening,
I am looking into an exhaust set up for my stock 96 GTS. I do plan to modify it(heads & cam) so its been recommended that I go with the B&B 1-3/4" primary 5 into 1 headers. I will loose the cats and then what?? I like loud but not rude. I understand that the B&B, no cats, + the B&B exhaust is VERY loud. Does anyone have the B&B, no cats, and the Borla or Corsa? How do they sound and which will be good for all out performance? Thank you for your help.

Keith

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: B&B 1-3/4

Any of the common systems with no cats is going to be pretty loud. I have heard that the full B&B with a Dynomax bullet muffler welded in place of the cat (retaining the standard B&B muffler just behind it) produces a nice deep sound that is much more tolerable than the full B&B with no cats (what I have). Then again I like to make the women and children run and the men stand up and salute. :D

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LT4-398, I just sent my B&B headers to get them jet hot coated and I've already got the syms ready so I can remove my cats. I'm guessing I'll have a set up like you are talking about on my car in about two or three weeks. If you can wait that long, I'll post a sound clip of it and you can see how you like it. I hope I like it. Haha. I like the overall construction of the B&B exhaust, but I don't necessarily like the service at B&B. First off, I had to wait for a month to get my exhaust. I paid Mike Adams, a dealer for B&B, in full about the middle of December. But because Mike wired them money it took awhile for the money to show up in B&B's account. In the meantime they wouldn't send me the headers. I couldn't understand why, if I've paid my money to their dealer and their dealer had sent the money to them, they couldn't send the product to me. During the course of my wait, B&B employees lied to me on several occassions saying that my order had been shipped, but in reality wasn't shipped until weeks later. Then, to top it off, after a month of waiting, the headers came and they were the wrong size. I ordered the 1 3/4" and they sent the 1 5/8". Rather than them send me the right one's and have me send the smaller one's back to them at the same time, they wanted me to pay them again for the 1 3/4" headers and then refund my money once they received the 1 5/8" headers from me. I would've been out almost $4,000 at one point. I finally got to talk to Billy Boat himself and we worked it out and he sent me the right one's with no payment necessary. I guess it turned out ok, but I will say no one at B&B other than Billy is very customer service oriented. Also, Mike Adams gave me a good price on them.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a full Hennesseey exhaust - which is identical to the B&B.

I have no cats and a single 18" dynomax muffler on each side. Mine sounds a little different since I have a 510 stroker w/large cam and high compression. If you ask anyone that has heard my car they will say its the best sounding Viper they have ever heard.

At WOT it is loud! :D

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got B&B headers, no cats and B&B catback. It's not rude, but, it sounds killer under full throttle. Highly recommended. If noise is too loud, get some HF cats and put them in.

DN

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got B&B headers, no cats and B&B catback. It's not rude, but, it sounds killer under full throttle. Highly recommended. If noise is too loud, get some HF cats and put them in.

DN

This is what I am thinking of doing. However, with no cats will it backfire and shoot flames. :D I'm worried that will get too many cops attention.

OP
OP
M

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: B&B 1-3/4\" Primaries 5 into 1, NO cats, + what?

Hey guys,
Thank you for your replies. A couple of you have mentioned a single dynomax muffler on each side. Is this in place of the cats to tone it down? They aren't part of the B&B exhaust system are they?

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LT4, yes, it would be in place of the cats to tone it down, and you're correct that's not part of the B&B setup. You would buy the catless B&B system and have them welded or clamped in front of the B&B muffler where the cats were.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456