Back From Shanghai

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought I would let everyone know that I'm back from China and back on the road. Feel free to contact me if you need to have your car transported.

Shanghai is an amazing place with all the money that has been pouring in over the past 10 years. You would not believe how ultra modern the buildings are and the money that is flowing there. I'll definitely be going back.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
going back in the plans already. What's her name? :D

Glad you made it back safely! That's a LONG trip!

I'll talk to you this week.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was one HECK of a transport Gary!

Glad you are back in the States, had a few folks looking for some transport while you were gone!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I heard 100 story buildings are going up left and right. Whats that spacey-looking building, with the doughnut shaped bulge around the middle? Looks kinda sci-fi.

OP
OP
G

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. It really is an amazing place. Damn Casey, am I that transparent? hahaha!

Vic, the building you're talking about is the Pearl Tower which is a TV tower. Here's a picture of the skyline (I didn't take this picture):

You must be registered for see images

The tall building in the middle of the picture is 88 stories (Jin Mao Tower) and has the most amazing interior I've ever seen. Here's a picture (not mine) of the interior. 34 stories of open walkways to a bar/lounge below

You must be registered for see images attach

Unbelievable place!

OP
OP
G

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City -> Crazy, YES!

Women -> Young and beautiful and by the thousands!

Cars -> Driving is crazy over there. Very few Japanese cars like there are in the US. Most of the cars I saw were VWs (like Passat, and four-door sedans). I heard that Ferraris are being sold into China at a 2-to-1 ratio. I can't imagine driving a nice car there because the driving is a controlled chaos. The amazing part is that I didn't see as much as a door ding on a car there even though they are constantly within inches of each other dashing in and out of traffic.